Christina Hendricks recently lent her face to Vivienne Westwood’s new Get a Life jewelry collection, and the campaign is finally out! The Mad Men star posed in jewel-tone dresses, a dramatic gold headpiece, and an engraved Palladium heart pendant. And this may not be the only place you’ll see Hendricks in the baubles—the actress told The Telegraph: “The pieces really sparkle under the lights and I cannot wait to wear them on the red carpet.” See more Vivienne Westwood jewelry at VivienneWestwood.co.uk. Click through to see another photo! More
London Fashion Week took over the fashion world last weekend. Rachel Bilson and Kate Bosworth sat front and center at the Burberry fashion show, which ended with real snow falling from the ceiling. Stylish Brits Kate Moss and Alexa Chung both stopped by LFW festivities as well, as did one of New York’s most stylish socialites, Olivia Palermo. Issa designer Daniella Helayel, one of Kate Middleton’s favorites, showed her latest collection, along with Matthew Williamson, Vivienne Westwood, and Mulberry (shown left). Check out all of London Fashion Week’s style, celebrities, beauty and more by clicking through the gallery.
Helena Bonham Carter caused some eyebrow-raising when she showed up to the Golden Globe Awards last month wearing mismatched shoes with her Vivienne Westwood dress (shown). But at the Academy Awards Nominees Luncheon yesterday in Beverly Hills, she promised that won’t happen again. “I want to have fun,” said Carter of dressing for the awards show, where she is nominated this year for Best Supporting Actress for her role in The King’s Speech. “It’s going to probably be a catastrophe. But I’m going to go for it. I promise you, I’ll wear the same color shoes. But we’ll see.” Tune in to InStyle.com all of our Oscars night-of coverage Sunday, February 27th.
— Sharon Clott, with reporting by Scott Huver
1. Go, go, Gadget Gaga! The pop star and creative director for Polaroid designed glasses that take pictures. [InStyle UK]
2. Justin Bieber beauty products, like OPI nail polish and scented wristbands, flew off of the shelves this holiday season. Surprised? [WWD]
3. The cast of TV guilty pleasure Jersey Shore keeps launching things: Sammi “Sweetheart” Giancola is making a fragrance. [Too Fab]
4. Vivienne Westwood wants to save the planet: The designer teamed up with Cool Earth Coffee for a charity campaign. [Daily Front Row]
5. Attention new moms! Kate Spade has just launched a super-stylish diaper bag collection. [People]
6. See Kate Moss model Balmain’s new spring collection in this unique video. [Catwalk Queen]
Just weeks after Kate Middleton wore a Temperley London dress out with Prince William, Queen Elizabeth II announced that Alice Temperley (the British designer behind the dress) made the annual Her Majesty’s 2010 New Year Honors List. We can’t help but wonder if one has to do with the other, but in any case, it’s great news for Temperley, who will receive the honor at a ceremony later this year. Other fashion industry recipients of the Queen’s honors this year include Tanya Sarne, founder of Ghost, and Mark and Mo Constantine, founders of Lush Cosmetics. These honorees join an established group: Past recipients of British Empire honors include handbag designer Anya Hindmarch, photographer Nick Knight, Vivienne Westwood and late designer Alexander McQueen.