The print-on-print trend has been one of our favorites all summer, and we’re not the only ones obsessed. Celebrity stylist Brad Goreski calls it his favorite of the season. “I’m wearing it all the time for myself,” he told InStyle.com at the Ugg Australia fall launch event in New York City last night. “I love it, I love it, I love it—I would wear head-to-toe in print if I could!” And anyone can wear it, Goreski advised. “Right now, designers for summer have offered both men and women so many great prints and bold colors and that’s the way you can keep your normal everyday pieces interesting,” he added. “It’s all about not being boring.” Need proof? Click through to see which A-listers double as print mixologists.
The ladies of Downton Abbey always look buttoned up and classy, but they have a fashion trick up their sleeves—or, shall we say, under their dresses. “When it’s raining, we wear Ugg boots underneath our dresses,” Michelle Dockery (who plays Lady Mary Crawley) told InStyle.com. “It’s not always as glamorous as it may seem!” Could she have worn them down the aisle when Mary wed Matthew Crawley (Dan Stevens), along with her hand-crafted gown and custom-made tiara? Now that’s a pairing! Tune in to see what Dockery, Maggie Smith (Violet Crawley), and Elizabeth McGovern (Countess Cora) are all up to when the critically-acclaimed show returns to PBS on Sunday, January 6, at 9/8 c.
Plus, meet the entire cast.
— Lindzi Scharf
UGG Australia is contributing to the recovery efforts of Hurricane Sandy with the release of this new limited-edition “Classic Art & Sole Boot” by donating $10 of each pair sold to the Boys & Girls Clubs of America affected by the storm. The design for is part of UGG’s Art & Sole charitable program—the tenth-anniversary boot, to be exact—and features a puzzle print inspired by Buket Pamuk of Turkey whose artwork won the Art & Sole design contest. “Pamuk’s winning desing was inspired by children, and depicts interesting puzzle pieces with an overlaying message of hope,” the company said in a statement. Pick up the boots for toddlers ($100) and kids ($130) at UGG stores and online at uggaustralia.com.
Check out other great causes we love!
1. Tom Brady is trading in his cleats for Uggs in his latest gig as Ugg Australia’s new face. [HuffingtonPost.com]
2. Finally! Images from Tom Ford’s top-secret runway show this fall, featuring Beyonce and Lauren Hutton, emerge. [HarpersBazaar.co.uk]
3. Fergie will co-judge Avon Voices, a singing and songwriting competition, starting today. [AvonVoices.com]
4. Looking for your dream dress to wear down the aisle? The Saks bridal sample sale starts today with styles up to 70% off. Hurry! [Mizhattan.com]
6. Tomorrow, Madewell will debut Alexa Chung’s cheeky Bat tunic, a longer version of her popular Bat tee. [PeopleStyleWatch.com]
Part two of Oprah’s Ultimate Favorite Things show continued today—with a new audience and a new list of goodies that was just as spectacular as the first. As we predicted, Oprah gave everyone in the audience a car, a sparkling new 2012 VW Beetle! The delighted guests also scored an iPad, a Coach Sophia Satchel, Jessica Leigh diamond earrings by Dana Rebecca Designs, a Magaschoni cashmere sweater with matching cashmere leggings, Hope in a Jar moisturizer by Philosophy, two $500 gift certificates to Nordstrom’s lingerie department (one for a friend), a custom “Oprah Set” of pots from Le Creuset, sequined Uggs, Miraclebody Jeans By Miraclesuit, a Sophie Jewelry box from Pottery Barn and more. Check out the complete list on Oprah.com.
1. Marc Mezvinsky gifted new father-in-law, former President Bill Clinton, with two scotches made in 1980, Chelsea’s birth year. Snap up a bottle now! [ForScotchLovers.com]
2. Jennifer Aniston is slated to appear on BFF Courteney Cox’s hit show Cougar Town. [JustJared.com]
3. The newest fashionista to pique our interest? Dakota Fanning’s little sis Elle. [MTV.com]
4. Check out Betsey Johnson’s Eloise-themed suite at New York’s famed Plaza Hotel. [StyleList.com]
5. Uggs won’t just be for your feet anymore—the brand is expanding into super-cozy knitwear. [WWD.com]
6. James Van Der Beek wed his girlfriend Kimberly Brook yesterday in an intimate ceremony. [People.com]