Now this is girl power! Forbes published its list of The 100 Women Who Run The World, and we are thrilled that they included some of our favorite ladies. We weren’t surprised to see Beyoncé, Michelle Obama, Oprah Winfrey, and Lady Gaga on the list, in a mix of CEOs, philanthropists, and world leaders. (German Chancellor Angela Merkel ranked number one, due in part to her status as the country’s first female chancellor.) Click through the gallery to see where some of our favorites ranked!
Rihanna is a hot topic today after the premiere of her revealing interview with Oprah. In the special, the 24-year-old star showed her softer side, getting emotional while talking about her family, her fans, and her (at times tumultuous) love life. In honor of her eye-opening interview—you can watch clips on oprah.com—we’re taking a look at how far she’s come. See how the star has transformed from an unknown teenager to the best-selling digital artist ever in the gallery.
Today marks the end of Oprah Winfrey‘s 25-year run as the queen of daytime talk shows. To mark the occasion, we’ve rounded up her most iconic hair and makeup looks! Winfrey has sported many hairstyles over the course of her career—from feathered bobs to shaggy chops—and gone modern minimalist to super glamorous in her makeup. “I carry more than a thousand lipsticks to her photo shoots and shows because she always wants a new color,” said her longtime makeup artist Reggie Wells, who has used everything from burgundy to tangerine on Winfrey’s pout. But her mouth isn’t doing all the work. “She has the most expressive eyes,” Wells noted. “They also speak volumes.” And despite the fact that she’s retiring from her show, Oprah shows no signs of slowing down. As Wells has said, “She’s still full of energy and inspires everyone around her.” Click through the gallery to see her transformation!
1. Brad Goreski gives Rachel Zoe a run for her money as fashion’s latest darling. [NYTimes.com]
2. Audrina Patridge is finding Dancing With the Stars harder than she thought. [People.com]
3. Oprah has done it again—giving away 50 Vera Wang wedding dresses to brides-to-be in her audience. [Styleite.com]
4. The Obamas sport their Sunday Best. [Mrs-O.org]
5. Check out the best TwitPics from New York Fashion Week. [TheDailyBeast.com]
6. Is Romeo Beckham designing a sunglasses collection? [Mirror.co.uk]
On Friday’s episode of Oprah, Tom Cruise revealed that his fashionista of a four-year-old daughter, Suri—already well known for her extensive collection of adorable dresses, sparkly headbands, tiny handbags, and even heels—not only selects her own ensembles but also offers style advice for the rest of the family. “Whatever she wants to wear, she wears it,” the actor said, sounding both tickled and proud. “I’m not going to tell her different—she’s got great taste. She tells me what to wear!” No word on whether Suri picked out the relatively staid black-on-black outfit he wore that day. Watch the entire clip on thedailybeast.com.
1. The cost of SATC2‘s entire wardrobe: $10 million. The sight of Carrie spotting Aidan in Dior: Priceless. [HuffingtonPost.com]
2. Get the sc0op on the The Twilight Saga cast’s Oprah show appearance. [Popwatch.EW.com]
3. Lenny Kravitz is among the artists performing at a concert benefiting the Gulf Coast this weekend. [NYTimes.com]
4. Gisele Bundchen tops the list of the world’s highest earning models. [NYPost.com]
5. A new line of nail polish changes color depending on your mood. [StyleList.com]
6. Beyonce’s House of Dereon is debuting a collection of bedding. [Luxist.com]
1. Catherine Denueve’s YSL wardrobe is reason enough to name Belle de Jour one of the most fashionable films ever. [StyleList.com]
2. Is Christian Louboutin launching his first ever ad campaign? [Fashionista.com]
3. Shrek fan Suri Cruise knows Cameron Diaz plays Princess Fiona. [People.com]
4. This Vivienne Tam-designed HP laptop makes a cameo on SATC2—as a clutch! [PeopleStyleWatch.com]
5. Seven for All Mankind and interior designer Jonathan Adler join forces on a collection. [WWD.com]
6. Spend a day in the life of J.Crew creative director Jenna Lyons. [Oprah.com]
An audience filled with Gleeks welcomed the cast of Glee yesterday on The Oprah Winfrey Show. Sitting on a set modeled after the show’s choir room, cast members Lea Michele, Cory Monteith, Dianna Agron, Matthew Morrison, Mark Salling, Amber Riley and Chris Colfer couldn’t contain their excitement over being interviewed by the queen of talk. “We were are all planning to go to Cabo…but Oprah definitely trumps Cabo,” said Riley. Along with stories from the set, they shared about being starstruck after winning a Golden Globe. “Julia Roberts came up to the table,” said Agron. “I thought just us girls were going to go quiet but the boys went quiet too. It was outstanding and astonishing at the same time.” After the Q&A session, the gang performed two songs, and Morrison even battled it out on the dance floor with cast member Harry Shum Jr. Check out their performance of “Don’t Stop Believin’” after the jump!