Brace yourselves, ladies! There’s something new in store for America’s Next Top Model: Male models! Yep, guys who “smize” will be added to the group of contestants that will compete in season 20 of the show, hosted by supermodel Tyra Banks. Talk about gender equality! Unfortunately, we’ll have to wait until next summer to see the beautiful boys vie for the ANTM title in all of their shirtless glory. To ease the wait, click through our gallery of the sexiest leading men in Hollywood. You’re welcome.
America’s Next Top Model’s new season debuts tonight—and everything’s different this time around! “I’m not a person who just gets comfortable,” the show’s host and creator Tyra Banks told InStyle.com at the New York premiere of Cycle 19 this week. “Over the years, there have been so many copies of America’s Next Top Model, and they can’t catch us because we’re a moving target.” This season, the target moved to college—a decision influenced by Banks’s time spent at Harvard Business School—with the cast featuring 13 women from universities across the country. “We tested their IQs [intelligence quotients] and their EQs [emotional quotients], and their IQs are off the charts in terms of the history of Top Model,” said Banks. “These girls are super smart, but they still fight!” And not only are the contenders different, the cast is, too. Banks returns to the judges table with power publicist Kelly Cutrone, as well as newbie Rob Evans, a former boxer and male model, while fashion blogger Bryanboy joins as social media correspondent and Katy Perry’s stylist Johnny Wujek is the photo shoot creative consultant. You can also vote for your favorites, too! Tune in to watch the new era unfold on The CW tonight at 8/7c.
Plus, see Tyra Banks’s transformation!
Katy Perry’s rule-breaking style—from her light-up dresses to her candy costumes to her rainbow hair—is one of the things we love most about the pop star (and why she landed on our cover!). And according to her stylist and BFF Johnny Wujek, you can learn a little something from her wild choices. “Fashion is adventurous, so take risks,” he told InStyle.com at the New York premiere party for America’s Next Top Model: College Edition, Cycle 19, a show he joins this season as Photo Shoot Creative Consultant. You can even take some chances for your work wardrobe, he insisted. “There are certain situations where you need to dress a certain way, but I think in any situation you can jazz it up and make it fun, whether it’s an accessory or a color of a shoe,” he said. “How often do you look down and say ‘Omigod, those shoes are insane.’ Or, ‘That ring or that earring is amazing.’ All you need is a touch to get something going.” Bottom line: “Don’t play it safe,” he said. “I don’t play by the rules. It’s always about something to add a little excitement and push it a little bit further.” Catch more of Johnny Wujek on this season of America’s Next Top Model, premiering tomorrow, Friday, August 24th at 8/7c on The CW.
Plus, see every Katy Perry hair color!
Can’t get enough of Tyra Banks and America’s Next Top Model? Thanks to the show’s newly-launched fragrance, now you can smell like a Top Model—no “smize-ing” lessons required. The ANTM “Dream Come True” fragrance hit Target stores today, and contains floral notes like pink freesia and Amazon Lily, with heady blonde wood undertones. The fragrance was revealed on the ANTM All Stars season finale, where Banks gave winner Lisa D’Amato the role as the scent’s official spokesperson. Pick up your own bottle for $17 at target.com. A rollerball version for $11 is also available.
Plus, see more of the hottest celebrity fragrances right now in the gallery!
The first video clip for the new cycle of America’s Next Top Model is making the rounds today, and we spotted some familiar faces! The cast is made up of fan favorites, including past Top Model standouts like Bianca, Lisa and Alexandria. The season will also deliver some fun celebrity guest judges, like Kim Kardashian and Nicki Minaj! America’s Next Top Model: All-Stars premieres September 14th. Tell us: Who will you be rooting for?
1. If you liked the first two movies about Bridget Jones, there’s a third on the way! Renée Zellweger signed on for another installment. [Variety]
2. America’s Next Top Model star Jay Manuel will launch a women’s clothing line named Attitude at Canadian Sears stores. Fierce! [Racked]
3. Designer Alice Temperley received her MBE from Queen Elizabeth II yesterday. [My Fashion Life]
4. Amber Heard is the new face of Guess, with a campaign set to roll out this fall. [WWD]
5. Missed Oprah’s show yesterday? Willow Smith performed! Adorably, of course. [Oprah]
6. Dr. Phil contributor Kelly Cutrone will launch a new sportswear line named The Electric Love Army. [NBC]
1. It’s official! Comedienne Chelsea Handler will be hosting the 2010 VMAs on September 12th. [HollywoodReporter.com]
2. Check out Britney Spears (with her assistant) on the Glee set! [JustJared.com]
3. America’s Next Top Model has a fashionable onslaught of guest judges including Zac Posen and Diane Von Furstenberg booked for its 15th season. [Elle.com]
4. The red-hot Betty White has signed a 2-book deal. [TheDailyBeast.com]
5. Vote on Sofia Vergara’s Emmy night hairstyle now! [Facebook.com]
6. Taylor Swift’s new album cover is out . [People.com]