This morning, InStyle editor Subira Shaw stopped by The Today Show to discuss six fashion companies and three basic-needs brands that follow the one-for-one business model—you buy one of their products, they donate one special something to a charity in need—just in time for spring gift giving. And we have the full list right here! From Out of Print Clothing, that donates one book for every book-inspired tee you buy, to Baby Teresa, a brand that donates one of their rompers each time they sell one, each has found new ways to give back. Find out more about each of the companies below. More
Today show correspondents Matt Lauer and Meredith Vieira are both celebrating their birthdays, well, today! Lauer, who turns 55 today, has been with the show for 20 years, after first joining the cast of Today in New York in 1992. Vieira, who turns 59 today, joined the lineup more recently, first becoming Lauer’s co-anchor in 2006, then moving on as correspondent. Here’s to hoping these two Capricorns share a big piece of cake for their special day!
Plus, see Meredith and more great TV hosts.
We’ll miss you, Ann Curry! The Today host announced this morning that she is stepping down from her anchor post to become NBC’s national/international correspondent. To her loyal fans, she said, “You are the real Today show family. You are why I’ve ventured into dangerous places, interviewed dictators, and jumped off of planes. I’ve loved you and wanted to give you the world. And I still do.” She added, “For all of you who watched, thank you from the bottom of my heart for letting me touch yours.” In return, longtime anchor Matt Lauer said, “You’ve made us better and we thank you from the bottom of our heart.” As do we!
Plus, see more great TV show hosts.
Goodbye, Meredith Vieira! After five years co-anchoring the Today show, America bid adieu to one of its most trusted morning anchors today. As a celebration of her amazing—and incredibly chic—tenure, we’ve rounded up our top picks as the most stylish television hosts on television. From Oprah Winfrey’s collection of designer duds to Ellen DeGeneres’s signature fashionable take on menswear, click “See the Photos” to see who made the list of the most stylish news and talk show hosts television.
After co-anchoring the Today show for over five years, Meredith Vieira announced that she’s leaving her post next month. Dodging any replacement speculation, Matt Lauer broke the news that Anne Curry will take Vieira’s vacant seat and special correspondent Natalie Morales will move to Curry’s news desk. “After months of personal reflection and private conversations between my family and my friends, I’ve decided to leave Today in June,” Vieira said on air this morning. “Time just keeps ticking away and I know that I want to spend more of mine with my husband, Richard, and my kids Ben, Gabe and Lily.” While five years may seem like a fair tenure at a job, it’s a relatively short stint for an anchor on the top-rated morning news program, whose previous hosts have logged double-digits on the set: Jane Pauley (13 years), Barbara Walters (15 years) and Katie Couric (15 years). Click through our gallery to see some of our favorite Meredith moments and share your own in the comments below!
New York City turned into one big race track yesterday for the running of the ING Marathon. Who’s fit enough to run 26.2 miles in one shot? Today Show host Meredith Vieira (left, at a 2007 race) for one. She says she was inspired to run the race after co-host Al Roker signed up. “I’ve always wanted to run a marathon,” she told the Today Show blog. “I’ve been a ‘runner’ for years and years. Nothing more than six miles. But it was really Al who inspired me. When Al said he was going to do it, it triggered it in me.”
Veronica Webb, Bobby Flay, Robin Quivers, Anthony Edwards, Amani Toomer of the New York Giants, Jared Folge of Subway fame and rescued Chilean miner Edison Pena joined Meredith and Al in the race.
1. See the Today show gang hilariously dressed as Justin Bieber, Obama and other pop icons. [MSNBC.com]
2. On December 1st, Chanel’s limited-edition nail polish Riva goes on sale. Mark your calendars! [DailyFrontRow.com]
3. Jezebel has compiled the 15 best “It Gets Better” videos from Tim Gunn and other wise folks. [Jezebel.com]
4. View these hot (or rather haute) Halloween costumes straight from the runway! [Glamour.com]
5. Hairstylist to the stars Serge Normant is launching his own line of hair care products in December. [WWD.com]
6. Watch Katy’s Perry’s touching, new video “Firework.” [JustJared.com]
1. Happy Birthday Robert Pattinson! The Twilight Saga star turns 24 today. [InStyle.co.uk]
2. Got a burning question for the cast of Sex and The City 2? Just ask! [CNN.com]
3. Watch the first four episodes of Christian Louboutin’s short film series, La Carosse Noir. [ChristianLouboutin.com]
4. Samantha Cameron, wife of Britain’s new prime minister, gives stylish First Ladies a run for their money. [TheDailyBeast.com]
5. U.K.’s largest fashion e-tailer, ASOS.com, is launching stateside. [WWD.com]
6. Hoda and Kathie Lee brave one episode of Today sans makeup. [HuffingtonPost.com]