L’Oreal is launching a Project Runway makeup collection with colors just as bold as the personalities on the show. The line includes lip glosses, blushes, shadow palettes, and lipsticks. Our favorite, however, are the eight nail polishes, which range from true sanguine red to steely purple. Get a full preview of the lacquers by clicking through the gallery, and pick them up for under $10 when they land in stores this October. Plus, catch a new episode of Project Runway Thursday at 9 p.m. EST on Lifetime.
Even a fashion icon like Barbie can use a little help from Tim Gunn sometimes! For his latest styling venture, the Project Runway mentor dressed two dolls in chic separates like dark denim skinnies, colorful blazers, classic trench coats, and buckled booties, as part of Mattel’s Barbie Collector series. Make it work, Barbie! The $30 dolls and $25 accessory packs are set to hit barbiecollector.com and Target stores August 1st. Click through the gallery to preview the Tim Gunn lineup, and get more updates via Barbie’s Twitter account @BarbieStyle.
Duchess Catherine and Pippa Middleton are fans of nude pantyhose, and thanks to the sisters, sales of the hosiery have spiked! We asked Project Runway mentor Tim Gunn to weigh in on the look. “I’m not fan of the nude stockings,” Gunn told InStyle exclusively. “I think it’s a British royal family thing. I think there are few things that look as anachronistic as a sheer stocking. If you’re wearing stockings it should be known!” Despite his dislike of sheer tights, he admires Duchess Catherine’s style. “I have great respect for how she presents herself to the world,” Gunn said. “She wears something and it blows off the shelves. She understands silhouette, proportion and fit.” Where do you stand on nude stockings? Let us know in our poll!
PLUS! Look back at all of Duchess Catherine’s North American tour outfits in the gallery.
1. Scarlett Johansson stars in the new campaign for champagne company Moët & Chandon. Pop those bottles! [HuffPo]
2. Sofia Vergara Tweeted that “nothing fits” in preparation for Sunday’s Golden Globes. Persistence is power. [Twitter/SofiaVergara]
3. Miss Piggy will portray a fashion editor in next year’s Muppet Movie. Who doesn’t love that diva? [The Cut]
4. A win for sporty girls: ESPN anchor Erin Andrews is the new face of Reebok’s ZigTech campaign. [People]
5. MAC will launch a Wonder Woman-themed cosmetics line. We always thought makeup had superpowers. [WWD]
6. Points for Tim: Project Runway‘s Tim Gunn joined Weight Watchers as a fashion consultant. [WW]
Project Runway lovers, there’s more sketching, stitching, and ruthless competition coming your way! Only this time, it’s accessories that will get the spotlight. The Weinstein Company has sold a spinoff show named Project Runway: Accessories to Lifetime, Deadline reports. We can only imagine this will include jewelry, shoes, hats and other pretty outfit toppings, though no official details have been released at this time. So who will the judges be? And who will be the show’s new Tim Gunn? Tell us who you’d like to see judge and mentor the accessories designers in the comments below.