Now is your chance to tell us who looked best this week by picking your Fashion A-List from this week’s celebrity Look of the Day moments! Who made it on our list? These five looks from around town: Zoe Saldana (in Gucci), Sarah Jessica Parker (in Giles dress with a studded Saint Laurent jacket), Jessica Biel (in Chanel), Taylor Swift (in Elie Saab), and Gwyneth Paltrow (in Prada). Now that you know our faves, tell us yours by making your own Top 5 with InStyle.com’s A-list tool. Visit instyle.com/instyle/a-list and pick your top looks, then share them with your fashion-savvy friends on Facebook and Twitter. Head to the A-list maker right now to get started.
We couldn’t be more proud of our November cover girl, Taylor Swift! At last night’s 47th annual Country Music Awards, Swift became the CMA’s biggest winner, taking home four awards: Musical Event of the Year, Music Video of the Year, International Artist Achievement, and the prestigious Pinnacle Award. But there’s more! The 23-year-old singer and songwriter also became the second recipient in the history of the CMAs to receive such an award, which is given to “an artist who has achieved both national and international prominence through concert performances and record sales at levels unique in Country Music.” It came full circle for Swift as she was honored on stage by fellow musicians George Strait, Tim McGraw, Faith Hill, Keith Urban, Brad Paisley and Rascal Flatts, all of whom she once opened shows for when she was younger. “You’re not only rewarding my hard work and exhaustion, you’re rewarding the hard work and exhaustion of my family and my label and anyone who works with me,” Swift said during her heartfelt speech, “and most of all the fans who filled the stadiums, I love you.” Congratulations again to Taylor!
Country’s brightest stars aligned last night for the 2013 CMA Awards in Nashville, with Miranda Lambert, Taylor Swift, and newcomer Kacey Musgraves donning their most glamorous ensembles for their walk down the red carpet. Lambert and Swift were pretty in primary colors (Swift went for a dramatic red Elie Saab couture gown to match her trademark crimson lip, with Lambert opting for a royal blue Roberto Cavalli number). Musgraves, who took home the award for Best New Artist, stunned in an illusion Blumarine dress and a sparkly Swarovski clutch. One of our favorite performances of the night — aside from the cast of Duck Dynasty covering “Blurred Lines” — was when Kenny Rogers and Jennifer Nettles did a duet of “Islands in the Stream” and “The Gambler,” proving the timeless quality of both songs. Miranda Lambert in particular had a lot to celebrate: Her husband Blake Shelton was awarded Album of the Year and Male Vocalist of the Year, while Lambert herself received the honor of Female Vocalist of the Year for the fourth time! “I can’t believe I’m up here holding this right now, but I’m gonna try to represent for all the females who that want to be up-and-comers and just want to get their country voice out there,” she said in her heartfelt acceptance speech. “There’s room for all of us girls, and we’re a team, and we’re gonna stick together.” So sweet, and so well-deserved!
Tonight is country’s biggest night (and it could be our cover girl Taylor Swift‘s biggest night too—she is nominated for six awards, plus she is receiving the CMA Pinnacle Award!) at the Country Music Association’s 47th annual Country Music Awards! Along with Swift, some of our favorite leading ladies— including Carrie Underwood, Kelly Clarkson, Miranda Lambert and more— will hopefully leave the Bridgestone Arena in Nashville with the CMA’s coveted trophy. With performances by Swift (she is set to perform with an all-star band), Lambert, Keith Urban and more, plus Brad Paisley and Underwood as the night’s hosts for the sixth year in a row, tonight’s award show is one you’re not going to want to miss! Tune in to ABC at 8/7c to watch country’s best stars perform and win!
In our November issue, Swift takes our breath away in bejeweled Dolce & Gabbana and embroidered Erdem. But when it comes to her day-to-day picks, the singer is loyal to classic, feminine styles that are never too sexy and always slightly vintage-y. See the gallery for our favorite Swift street style moments and find out what the star has to say about her signature looks.
On our November cover, Taylor Swift sports her trademark red lip (painted with Chanel Rouge Allure Lip Color in Pirate, $34; chanel.com), but it was the rock and roll-inspired smoky eye that she wore in our inside story that got the singer really excited. “It looks so cool!” she told makeup artist Mariel Barrera, who layered a gunmetal powder eyeshadow (Chanel Ombre Essentielle eyeshadow in Black Star, $29; chanel.com) over a shimmery black gel version (Chanel Illusion D’Ombre eyeshadow in Mirifique, $36; chanel.com) to create the inky shade. “She has a beautiful feline quality to her eyes,” said Barrera, who also emphasized their shape with a light countering blush, starting from the outer corners of her eyes and working toward her hairline. During the glam session, the two had a “fun girl chat” about Swift’s beach-side house in Watch Hill, R.I., among other things. “Taylor was real interested in everyone on set and she asked a lot of interesting questions. She is fun, kindhearted—and extremely gorgeous!”
And as if you need proof, check out some of her best looks by clicking the button below!
In addition to the gorgeous, supermodel-like pictures of Taylor Swift inside InStyle‘s November issue, on newsstands now, the 23-year-old also opens up to writer Lesley Rotchford about everything from finally having guy friends to admitting that she’s never truly been in love (yet). While the interview is loaded with honest, heartfelt admissions from the singer, there’s a whole lot more of the conversation that didn’t make it into our pages. (For starters, her best relationship advice, the last time she cried, and what makes her happy.) Check out the tidbits we just couldn’t squeeze in below, and pick up InStyle‘s November issue, available on newsstands and for digital download now.
1. Fave song to sing on tour: “‘Trouble.’ It was the furthest thing people expected on this album, and I loved making something that sounded like nothing I had done before.”
2. Coolest celeb she’s met at an awards show: “Mick Jagger. He was such gentleman. We met and then he asked me to sing with The Rolling Stones in Chicago.”
3. Best relationship advice you’ve given to a friend: “Actually, I think you have to know that whatever advice you give, they may not take it. The priority should be on keeping the friendship rather than giving the best advice. Your best advice is usually, ‘Walk away from him! Tell him you never want to see him again!’ But if you are dealing with someone still in love, nothing you say can change their feelings. All you can do is be there for them and pick them up every time they get hurt. Until, that is, they are ready to move on for themselves.”
4. Fashion style she tries to avoid: “Pencil skirts. It’s a weird look for me.”
5. What life will look like at 30: “I envision a lot of coziness and warmth. I don’t know where I stand on family and kids right now because I can’t picture things without all the pieces of the puzzle. I don’t even have a semblance of an idea of a boyfriend right now. I don’t even have a mental daydream of who he would be. And who that person is determines what the rest of the puzzle looks like.”
6. Last time she cried: “Have you ever seen that commercial for Dawn with the baby ducks with oil all over them from a spill, and they get baths using Dawn? And then they are set free? And they do the same thing with some otters. I cried hysterically!”
7. Last time she was blissfully happy: “The other day. I was with friends, paddle boarding out in a harbor. We were laying out on our boards and talking. It was a beautiful day.”
–Isabel González Whitaker
If you’re in search of some style inspiration, look no further than to our Taylor Swift-covered November issue: the songstress graces the cover clad in the most inviting shade of green. The emerald hue (proving to play well with Swift’s signature red lip) adds an instant richness to your Fall wardrobe. And while Swift is outfitted in Burberry Prorsum, we gathered pieces starting at just $21 that are equally as brilliant. So, ready to try Taylor’s look? We’ve got you covered. Click to shop the 16 emerald pieces we treasure—from textured separates to statement-making jewels.
• How to Wear Fall’s Most Important Silhouette, the Midi Skirt; Plus, Shop Our 15 Favorites
• Watch Our Behind-the-Scenes Video From Taylor Swift’s InStyle Cover Shoot
• Fall Fashion Trends 2013: 20 Coats to Change Your Life