RentTheRunway.com is more than just designer dress and accessory rentals, it’s also a spot to find exclusive designs. Starting tomorrow, you’ll find a brand new one thanks to the launch of the first Bibhu Mohapatra for Rent the Runway capsule collection, a six-piece lineup the Indian-American designer created for the rental site that’s inspired by his heritage. “These clothes are to make women feel special and transformed to a world of lush heritage, like India,” Mohapatra told InStyle.com of the mix of cocktail dresses and gowns. Each one is crafted in traditional Indian colors and fabrics, with nods to modern, architectural influences as well. To create the pieces, he and RTR’s senior merchandising team traveled to India for inspiration and to source materials. “We went on hunts for days to markets, bazaars, fabric stores, and embroidery factories,” he added. “It’s done with a lot of love.” Click through the gallery to see the vivid designs—pieces you can rent, wear, and shop for any summer event. Rental prices range from $200 to $400, and you can keep your pick for four to eight days.
The 4th Annual Fashion 2.0 Awards were held at the SVA Theatre in New York last night, where some of our favorite designers and their teams were honored for their tech savvy! The “Digital Oscars,” as they’re affectionately called, were hosted by Simon Doonan and Robert Verdi, who handed Diane von Furstenberg, Gilt Groupe, and Anthropologie some of the top awards of the night for their Twitter, Pinterest, videos, and more. Marc Jacobs and Saks Fifth Avenue took two honors each, and DKNY was named “Best Twitter” for the fourth year running. Congratulations, everyone! Click to see the complete list of winners after the jump. And tell us: Which of these designers to you love to follow online?
Stacy Keibler joined Rent the Runway founders Jenn Hyman and Jenny Fleiss in New York City to launch the fashion rental site’s latest feature—Our Runway, a section that sorts customer images by size, height and even cup size to show what designer dresses look like on all different shapes. As for Keibler, a longtime customer of RTR, she had stylist Brad Goreski weigh in on her dress choice—Nanette Lepore’s daisy lace dress. “I loved the color and, actually, when I put it on it just fit perfectly,” Keibler said. Adore Stacy’s dress and want to see what it looks like on all sorts of body types? The $365 design can be rented for $65 at renttherunway.com. “Yes, somebody else will actually get to wear this dress again!” Keibler said. “That’s the beauty of the site.”
Plus, see Stacy’s best outfits ever.
While the first season of the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills recently ended its run on Bravo, there’s more to be seen from these 90210 ladies. Tonight, the network will air its Lost Footage Special, after a RHOBH marathon of programming today that includes the cast’s explosive two-part reunion from last week. We dug around and found the exact dresses worn by Taylor Amstrong, Kim Richards and Kyle Richards during the reunion, including Kyle’s Haute Hippie dress, shown here. Click through to see who wore what to the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills reunion.
1. Lady Gaga’s stylist, Nicola Formichetti, handpicked 15 of his favorite Gaga looks. [Styleite.com]
2. The Oval Office got a makeover–and it’s looking pretty chic! [HuffingtonPost.com]
3. Watch Angelina Jolie’s PSA for Pakistani flood relief. [JustJared.com]
4. Demi Moore posted a few (gorgeous) shots of herself in a bikini, and this adorable one of her and Ashton Kutcher. [TwitPic.com]
5. Fans have raised over $30,000 to help restore the iconic Gone With the Wind costumes. [Comcast.com]
6. Rent The Runway has just added new styles from Calvin Klein and Nina Ricci. [RentTheRunway.com]
1. Carrie Underwood’s makeup artist reveals her big day beauty secrets. [PeopleStyleWatch.com]
2. Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen would love to see Michelle Obama wearing The Row. [HuffingtonPost.com]
3. Sale alert! Rent the Runway dresses starting at $35! [RentTheRunway.com]
4. Actress Shenae Grimes not only stars in her new music video, she directed it too. [JustJared.com]
5. New handbag label Lena Erziak wants you to treat their purses just like boyfriends. [PoshGlam.com]
6. Help Perry Ellis clean up the Gulf by simply “liking” them on Facebook. [Facebook.com/PerryEllis]
1. Madonna and daughter Lourdes’ Material Girl collection drew huge crowds at Macy’s–and a few impersonators. [WWD.com]
2. Glee’s Matthew Morrison is reportedly shaving his head for the upcoming Britney Spears-themed episode. [JustJared.com]
3. Rent The Runway has added Preen and Roksanda Ilincic collections to its fashion catalogue. [RentTheRunway.com]
4. Rumor alert: Marc Jacobs could be expanding into plus-size wear. [NYMag.com]
5. Check out this video of Angela Lindvall’s shoot for her John Hardy jewelry line. [YouTube.com]
6. Lindsay Lohan is Marc Ecko’s “digital muse” for his Cut & Sew line’s ad campaign. [PeopleStyleWatch.com]
1. Look at this first photo of Blake Lively as Green Lantern‘s Carol Ferris. We LOVE her as a brunette! [JustJared.com]
2. Laugh a little too loud and watch Kate Bosworth and Zoe Saldana’s video for FunnyorDie. [MTV.com]
3. Rent The Runway has just released 30 new styles for you to borrow from designers like Proenza Schouler! [RentTheRunway.com]
4. Janet Jackson stars in Blackglama’s latest ad campaign. [People.com]
5. Need help walking in your heels? Here’s a nifty little trick. [Glamour.com]
6. Ebay ups its fashion sense with a new iPhone app. [WWD.com]