No New York Fashion Week is complete without the designers’ muses sitting pretty in the front row. This morning, we spotted Julianne Hough and Stephenie Meyer at Carolina Herrera, and late last night, Lourdes Leon and her Material Girl muse, Kelly Osbourne, reconnected at Zac Posen. Click through to see all the stars and where they went!
How to rebel when your mom is one of the most envelope-pushing performers of all-time? Well, according to Lourdes Leon, you dye your hair black! Back in October, Madonna‘s daughter told us she was planning on celebrating her 14th birthday with a new hair color. Lourdes was eying a bright blue shade, while Madonna favored a deep raven black. At this month’s Harry Potter premiere, it was clear Lourdes took Madonna’s advice. Turns out sometimes parents really do know best.
MORE! Try darker locks yourself in our virtual Makeover Tool!
—With reporting by Lavinel Savu
1. The True Blood newlyweds take time from their honeymoon to pose with fans. [People.com]
2. Check out Lourdes Leon’s first day of high school style! [JustJared.com]
3. Sienna Miller and her sister/co-designer Savannah Miller were nominated for a British Fashion Award for their Twenty8Twelve line. [JustJared.com]
4. Will Susan Sarandon be apart of Glee‘s Rocky Horror tribute epsiode? [People.com]
5. Vena Cava’s designers say makeup is in for spring! [Style.com]
6. See the always-stylish Gwen Stefani, Gavin Rossdale and family as they stroll around New York City. [Jezebel.com]
Calling all dancers—Madonna wants you to help her launch her and Lourdes’ Material Girl Collection! Auditions to dance at the line’s launch party at Macy’s Herald Square on September 22nd are being held tomorrow at the Broadway Dance Center in N.Y.C., where a panel of judges—including Madonna’s lead dancer Leroy “Hypnosis” Barnes—will choose 20 semi-finalists based on one-minute dance routines. (Note: All dancers must be between the ages of 18 and 27 to participate.) But make sure to arrive on time, only the first 150 contestants will get to audition. Not based in New York? Just upload your best moves to youtube.com/materialgirlcol by September 3rd for a chance to be considered. The final ten will be chosen by Madonna herself, so start getting your “Vogue” on now.
1. Madonna and daughter Lourdes’ Material Girl collection drew huge crowds at Macy’s–and a few impersonators. [WWD.com]
2. Glee’s Matthew Morrison is reportedly shaving his head for the upcoming Britney Spears-themed episode. [JustJared.com]
3. Rent The Runway has added Preen and Roksanda Ilincic collections to its fashion catalogue. [RentTheRunway.com]
4. Rumor alert: Marc Jacobs could be expanding into plus-size wear. [NYMag.com]
5. Check out this video of Angela Lindvall’s shoot for her John Hardy jewelry line. [YouTube.com]
6. Lindsay Lohan is Marc Ecko’s “digital muse” for his Cut & Sew line’s ad campaign. [PeopleStyleWatch.com]
We’ve been following Lola’s blogs and counting down the days till the debut of Material Girl at Macy’s, and the day has finally arrived! You can now purchase Madonna and daughter Lola’s first collection in select Macy’s stores or at Macys.com. To celebrate the launch, six select Macy’s will be doling out Madonna-autographed “Material Girl” tees. Plus, if you’re in the N.Y.C. area, you can head over the Herald Square flagship at 5 P.M. to see the face of the brand, Taylor Momsen, rock out with her band, The Pretty Reckless. Purchase $50 worth of merchandise and get your photo snapped with the Gossip Girl star. Click through our gallery to see Momsen modeling the full look book and shop your favorites now!
We told you when Taylor Momsen was confirmed as the face of Madonna and daughter Lordes “Lola” Leon’s new fashion line, Material Girl. Now we’ve gotten our hands on pictures from the shoot–including a few exclusive behind-the-scenes photos. In a statement, the pop icon explained her reason for choosing Momsen, saying “Taylor has a cool sense of style that’s unique and fits with the Material Girl look.” The line, which will be available exclusively at Macy’s, will be launched with a live performance by Momsen herself on August 3rd at the department store’s Herald Square location in New York; Madonna and Lourdes will make their own appearance at the store on September 22nd. Momsen, who is currently performing on the Vans Warped Tour with her band The Pretty Reckless, has been known to rock some seriously edgy ensembles–making her the ideal girl to represent the rocker chic pieces that compose the line. Check out the behind the scenes video above and click through our gallery for all of Momsen’s on-set looks.
Macy’s released a faceless teaser campaign for Madonna and Lourdes’s new fashion line, Material Girl, last month to get the dialogue going about who would be the celebrity muse. And after much speculation, it has been confirmed that it is indeed Taylor Momsen! The juniors collection mixes fierce and feminine elements, like studded leather and floral prints—totally on par with Momsen’s rocker girl style. Stay tuned for more behind-the-scenes scoop on Madonna, Lola and Taylor’s collab later this month on InStyle.com.