Grace Kelly got the Barbie treatment! Mattel is issuing three doll versions of the iconic actress, and the first one hit shelves this month! Dressed in a replica of one of her character’s most memorable looks, the Grace Kelly To Catch a Thief doll ($34.95 at BarbieCollector.com) wears a sky blue floor-length gown with a fitted bodice and gathered skirt. Click through the gallery to see the rest of the Grace Kelly dolls, available this fall!
The moment Kate Middleton arrived at Westminster Abbey, her Alexander McQueen wedding dress with a six-foot train became an instant classic. However, the Duchess of Cambridge’s Chantilly lace dress is just one of our favorites! From Gwen Stefani’s dip-dyed pink silk Dior creation to Grace Kelly’s timeless pearl-studded gown, we’ve rounded up our Top 50 Most Iconic Celebrity Wedding Gowns. Click “See the Photos” for InStyle’s complete list.
PLUS: What are your favorites? Tell us in the comments below!
To celebrate Van Cleef & Arpels first exhibition in America at the Cooper-Hewitt National Design Museum in New York City, “Set in Style,” we put together a gallery of some of the firm’s most famous fans and their stunning jewels. From Eva Mendes‘s turquoise bib to Grace Kelly‘s wedding gifts, the awe-inspiring designs include everything from refined and innovative to colorful and cute. Click through the gallery to see the top Van Cleef & Arpels moments ever.
— Marion Fasel
1. Iconic Grace Kelly gown sketches are going up for auction later this month…just in time to put on our holiday wish list. [CocoPerez.com]
2. Tom Brady is now modeling for Under Armour. Will Gisele be tossing the football soon? [NYMag.com]
3. Kourtney Kardashian will be making her (scripted) soap opera debut on One Life to Live. [Examiner.com]
4. Fashion editors are the new fashion icons. InStyle‘s own Ariel Foxman weighs in on the topic. [NYTimes.com]
5. Gucci has printed a page from Jay-Z’s new book, Decoded, on the inside of a leather jacket. [People.com]
6. Jessica Simpson wishes Nick Lachey, her newly engaged ex, well. [People.com]
Marilyn Monroe is the greatest blond of all time, according to a poll conducted by Clairol Nice ‘n Easy. The stunning Grace Kelly and French actress, Brigitte Bardot, took the second and third spots, beating out younger stars like Cameron Diaz and Scarlett Johansson. “Marilyn Monroe has always been known for her iconic blond hair, but it’s amazing to think that even now, almost half a century after her death, she has still beaten modern blonds to the top spot,” a spokeswoman for Clairol said. “Her hair is synonymous with 1950s glamour, but it has stood the test of time against hair styles and colors which have come and gone over the years.” Check out the top twenty greatest blonds of all time, then tell us your favorite in the comments section below!
1. Don’t say your goodbyes to Ugly Betty just yet—a movie may be in the works! [People.com]
2. J.Crew and jewelry brand Miriam Haskell collaborate on beautiful bridal baubles. [WWD.com]
3. Find your next chic office look from Costello Tagliapetra’s new collection for Uniqlo. [Refinery29.com]
4. Get a sneak peek inside the “Grace Kelly: Style Icon” exhibit in London. [CocoPerez.com]
5. Taylor Jacobson has designed a capsule collection for LA denim brand Kasil. [Fashionista.com]
6. Gucci’s bag artisans hit the road to show customers how each luxe piece is created. [HuffingtonPost.com]
If you have plans to jet to London in the near future, add the Victoria & Albert Museum to your itinerary! An exhibit honoring iconic sophisticate, Grace Kelly, opens at the British museum this Saturday and features tons of vintage fashion from the star’s wardrobe. The exhibit is curated in three sections: “The Actress,” which features wardrobe from her classic films like Rear Window and To Catch A Thief; “The Bride,” which follows her style during her romance and wedding to Prince Rainier of Monaco; and “The Princess,” a study in the European high fashions she embraced as Princess Grace. Also don’t miss the actress’s original pigskin Hermes “Kelly” handbag, which the brand famously named in her honor. If you can’t make the trip, a companion book, Grace Kelly Style, will be released in conjunction with the opening—perfect for perusing her timeless style for outfit inspirations!