Want a twist on pleats, pencils, and A-lines? This versatile update to the wrap is super-flattering, thanks to an asymmetrical cut and strategically placed piping. From the workplace to brunch with the girls, we show you three different ways to style your new favorite spring staple–the fold-over mini (Cotton-polyester, Sea, $310; at the Webster, 305-674-7899).
1. A quilted jacket and ankle-strap flats take the skirt to work—at least in creative fields. Is your office more formal? Slip on tights and sleek heels.
Jacket Cotton-polyester, ATM Anthony Thomas Melillo, $415; barneys.com. T-shirt Modal-silk, Kain Label, $88; kainlabel.com. Cuff Silver plate, R.J. Graziano, $45; rjgraziano.com. Bag Leather, Rag & Bone, $395; at Rag & Bone, 212-219-2204. Flats Leather, Vince Camuto, $98; vincecamuto.com.
2. Put on a fuzzy pink sweater, and this go-anywhere piece even suits weekends. A compact backpack and shiny brogues are the only accessories you need for a laid-back yet stylish brunch look.
Sweater Angora-nylon, Topshop, $110; topshop.com. Backpack Leather, Kara, $480; karastore.com. Oxfords Patent leather, Elk, $185; elkaccessories.com.
3. To emphasize the oh là là factor of the peekaboo cutout, pair the mini with sexy booties. An untucked textured top and a cobalt shoulder bag add to the playful mood.
Sweatshirt Cotton blend, Vince, $275; saks.com. Necklace Nylon rope and brass, Holst + Lee, $175; holstandlee.com. Bag Leather, Michael Michael Kors, $248; at select Michael Kors Lifestyle stores. Booties Leather, VC Signature by Vince Camuto, $275; lordandtaylor.com.
For more styling tips, pick up the March issue of InStyle, available on newsstands and for digital download now.
• Here’s How to Find Your Perfect Jumpsuit
• Nicole Kidman in the March InStyle: “I’m Very Country at Heart”
• Exclusive! Take a Tour of Carolina Herrera’s Home