From loafer slippers to beanies, it looks like the animal motif won’t be hibernating anytime soon. Jessica Alba hopped on the trend earlier this month, first with a bunny sweater from Talbots and again a couple of days later with a Charles Henry wolf sweatshirt. We took her lead and rounded up a smorgasbord of animal-embroidered knits that comprise most mammals, from “fetching” French bulldogs to fierce snow leopards. Both fanciful and playful, wear one to inject a youthful note to your outfit. For a more dressed up look, layer it over a button-up and team it with a pair of skinnies (or skirt) and pumps. Or, ditch the blouse and simply pull it over a tee and jeans for a quick weekend brunch getup. Have your pick of the litter with these 13 stylish options.
Julianne Moore is staying on as the face of Talbots for fall—making it her second season since taking over for Linda Evangelista—and here is a peek at her new campaign. For the temperate season, the 50-year-old actress (and InStyle cover girl) models the retailer’s newest trench coats and suiting separates, looking both youthful and fresh. “She is a classic beauty who is an extraordinary actress, mother, author and a true modern woman,” Michael Smaldone, chief creative officer for Talbots, said of Moore. Click through to see another picture from the star’s fall campaign. More
Michelle Obama hosted the White House’s Congressional Picnic this week in a navy and white frock from Talbots, marking the 14th time the First Lady has worn the brand! The label’s Shoreline Striped Dress ($189) sold out online since Mrs. O wore it, but the nautical look is currently available at select Talbots stores.
Julianne Moore is the new face for Talbots’ spring campaign, taking over for supermodel Linda Evangelista, who posed for the brand last fall. Today, Moore’s new Talbots campaign launched—check out an exclusive image (shown). “Julianne Moore was a very natural choice for us because she is a woman who is in her 40s, and is strong and confident,” said Michael Smaldone, chief creative officer for Talbots. And the actress is a fan of the brand; she left the photo shoot with belted suede shorts ($199), shown here, and a cardigan. (Also pictured: Parisienne burlap jacket, $89.) “She commented several times that it wasn’t the Talbots she knew or remembered,” Smaldone told us of working with Moore on set. “Of course, Talbots still stands for classic American sportswear, but now there are things that she would wear.” Tell us: Where is your favorite place to shop for sportswear?
Talbot‘s iconic red door isn’t the only thing the retailer is changing to attract a younger costumer (their average is 68 years old)—they’ve hired supermodel Linda Evangelista to show off their super sleek Fall 2010 collection. Photographed by Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott, Evangelista models the brand’s fresh take on traditional classics: a must-have leopard coat (right), a chic red suit, a double-breasted camel coat and an embellished shift dress. “We feel she represents a successful woman that speaks to 40-plus-year-old women,” CEO Trudy Sullivan told WWD. “This is Talbots’ moment of profound change.” Click through the gallery below to see all of Evangelista’s ads for Talbots.
1. Rihanna debuts a fiery new hair color. [People.com]
2. Watch Oscar de la Renta’s Resort 2011 runway show live! [Oscardelarenta.com]
3. The Jackson family remembers Michael at an anniversary event on June 26th. [People.com]
4. Julia Roberts snacks on gelato for Eat Pray Love‘s new poster. [JustJared.com]
5. Linda Evangelista is the new face of Talbots. [HuffingtonPost.com]
6. Take a peek at Shakira’s World Cup performance outfits designed by Roberto Cavalli. [StyleList.com]
1. Blake Lively can sing! She’s one of a handful of stars who belonged to their high school glee clubs. [TheDailyBeast.com]
2. Alice + Olivia partnered with MAC on a colorful limited-edition makeup collection. [WWD.com]
3. Chace Crawford offers his expert style advice as a guest fashion editor at Grazia Daily. [PeopleStyleWatch.com]
4. J.Crew will open its first bridal boutique in N.Y.C. this May. [Racked.com]
5. Jason Wu will join Jessica Alba and Cash Warren at the White House Correspondents Dinner. [HuffingtonPost.com]
6. Talbots seriously steps up its fashion quotient. [NYMag.com]