Matthew Williamson fans, take note! The designer, whose A-list followers include Blake Lively and Cat Deeley, is teaming up with Macy’s this spring, which means you’ll be able to score his punchy prints at a much lower price point. Williamson, who recently launched a bridal collection, has created a 30-piece, ’70s-inspired line for the retailer, WWD reports. Expect to see lots of embellished dresses, printed scarves, rompers, and leather and suede jackets priced from $50 to $300. “The collection aims to capture the essence of the mainline brand, with a focus on effortless glamour; dynamic prints; loosely structured silhouettes, and pops of strong color,” said Williamson. Excited? Us too! The collection will be available in stores and online April 13, but check in next week, when we’ll post a sneak peek of the pieces.
Matthew Williamson‘s bridal line is almost here! The British designer tested the waters with a capsule collection of wedding gowns for Net-a-Porter last year, and now he just released images of his first collection of dresses under his own label. The 12-piece lineup includes a parachute gown, a tulle cocktail dress with a feather skirt, and a sheer silk maxi style, as well as jewel-encrusted mink and rabbit fur shrugs. “I evolved the bridalwear from the soft femininity and luxurious aesthetic found within my runway collections each season,” Williamson told us recently. “The pieces will offer an extensive range of options—classic silhouettes to entice both the boho, glamourous brides-to-be and the more structured, modern brides alike.” The collection will be available in several months. And what’s better when shopping for a wedding gown than options?!
Happy birthday, Sienna Miller! In honor of the trendsetting actress’s 29th birthday today, we took a look back at her style to pinpoint her top five style rules. Who can’t learn a thing or two from this red carpet master? Click through to see Sienna Miller’s top go-to styles. Plus: Tell us what you think of her style in the comments!
Matthew Williamson is launching a bridal collection, and we caught up with the British designer to find out the details: “I evolved the bridalwear from the soft femininity and luxurious aesthetic found within my runway collections each season,” the designer (shown with celebrity fan Sienna Miller) told InStyle exclusively. “The pieces will offer an extensive range of options—classic silhouettes to entice both the boho, glamourous brides-to-be and the more structured, modern brides alike.” The line, which Williamson tells us will feature silk gowns with embellishments and several accessories, will be sold at the Matthew Williamson flagship store in New York starting next year. We can’t wait to see it!
Yipee! After the success of his capsule collection with H&M last summer, the talented designer is finally bringing his brilliant designs to a more affordable level. NYmag.com reports that Williamson is creating a diffusion line as part of a new licensing deal with Mariella Burani Fashion Group. The collection is tentatively being called “Muse by Matthew Williamson” and will debut in fall 2011. No word yet on where the clothes will be available for purchase—check back and we’ll keep you posted!
1. Before you see Eat Pray Love this weekend, there’s 5 things you need to know about Elizabeth Gilbert. [People.com]
2. Lea Michele’s proud of her Italian heritage—and the nose that came from it! [StyleList.com]
3. Scarlett O’Hara’s iconic Gone With the Wind wardrobe is in need of serious repairs. Find out how to donate now. [CocoPerez.com]
4. Find out which celebrity homes are on the market (and just how much they’ll cost you). [TheDailyBeast.com]
5. Check out Matthew Williamson’s new bags for luxury jeweler Bulgari. [FashionWeekDaily.com]
6. Wanna be the next British style icon? Read up on designer Luella Bartley’s advice. [InStyle.co.uk]
Call 911: There’s a four alarm fashion fire! We’re heading up to San Francisco and setting up a pop-up shop in Fort Mason ‘s historic Firehouse June 18th or 19th. Christos Garkinos and the Decadestwo team have curated a special collection of pieces for their latest style adventure, hand-picked from the closets of our favorite consigners, such as consigner 4593—a design writer with inimitable style who recently relocated to San Francisco and managed to score some dazzling digs on the infamous Lombard Street. Christos sat down with her for a spot of tea and chatted about East Bay haunts from his former days as a SanFran resident, then they got down to serious business—editing her closet! They found some amazing pieces for the temporary shop including a metallic embroidered Dries Van Noten vest (left), a cropped golden jacket from Matthew Williamson (right), and a Spring 2005 Chanel boucle skirt suit (middle). For further information on the coming pop-up shop, visit our blog now!
1. Jennifer Lopez reveals a new billboard in Times Square for the Boys & Girls club. [JustJared.com]
2. Diane von Furstenberg and Matthew Williamson have gone bridal! [InStyle.co.uk]
3. Here’s the most expensive temporary tattoo you’ll ever see. [Styleite.com]
4. Mary-Kate and Ashley test out neon tresses. [PeopleStylewatch.com]
5. Lady Gaga wears her Alejandro studded bra and panties-to a Mets game. [PerezHilton.com]
6. Now you can dress yourself in Glee from head to toe! [LATimes.com]