Looks like Bo Obama now has a little sister! Yesterday, the White House announced that the Obamas have added a member to the First Family, their new dog Sunny. Just like Bo, Sunny is also a Portugese Water Dog — a favorite of the family as the breed doesn’t trigger their allergies — and was born last June in Michigan. An adorable video of Sunny playing with her brother on the White House lawn was posted on the White House’s official YouTube, and the new girl also received a warm Internet welcome from the First Lady. ”So happy to introduce the newest member of the Obama family — our puppy, Sunny!” Michelle Obama wrote on Twitter. The Obama family also made a donation to the Washington Humane Society in Sunny’s honor, and we’re excited to see more of her in the official appearances to come. Click the photo to take a closer look at Sunny, and to see more celebrity pets!
He’s back! President Barack Obama secured himself another four years in our nation’s highest office last night, and when the First Family took the stage in Chicago, we were struck by how much they have grown. With the same results on Election Night four years ago—an Obama victory—Barack (then 47, now 51), Michelle (then 44, now 48), Malia (then 10, now 14), and Sasha (then 7, now 11) all coordinated in red outfits, most strikingly the new First Lady in a Narcisco Rodriguez red and black dress that will forever be etched in our memories. Fast forward four years to last night, when the family coordinated in a new way, not with color, but with high-shine, walking across the stage in glossy individualized looks, including Michelle in a magenta pintucked dress by Michael Kors. And there is no stopping the family’s growth now—by the time the president leaves office in 2016, Malia will even be eligible to vote and be dealing with college. This also means four more years of the First Lady style, and we can’t wait to see how she and her entire family continues to evolve over the next four years, within the walls of 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue and beyond.
See all of Michelle’s best looks!
1. Angelina Jolie is the new face of Louis Vuitton. Photos to come! [E! Online]
2. The president’s daughters share clothes! Sasha Obama wore an Easter dress her big sister Malia once owned. [HuffPoStyle]
3. Macy’s will switch its stock of 300 million hangers to black hangers made from recycled plastic. [Macys]
4. Rising designer Alexander Wang will launch home and lifestyle accessories soon. Cool! [The Cut]
5. Win a Fendi bag! The luxury label teamed up with Bergdorf Goodman for a sweet sweepstakes. [People]
6. Designer do-it-alls: Marchesa’s Georgina Champan worked on a Range Rover. [Racked]