With Lindsay Lohan’s debut as Elizabeth Taylor in Lifetime’s Liz & Dick last night, the TV movie about Taylor’s love affair with actor Richard Burton, it got us thinking about other actresses who played icons on screen. Jennifer Love Hewitt played Audrey Hepburn in the TV movie The Audrey Hepburn Story in 2000, while Michelle Williams channeled her inner Norma Jeane in My Week With Marilyn last year. Soon, Naomi Watts and Nicole Kidman will be adding regal titles to their resumes with Watts filming her role as Princess Diana in Caught in Flight and Kidman playing Grace Kelly in Grace of Monaco. So, with all of these actress-to-icon portrayals, we want to know—whose reenactment is most on-point? Cast your vote on InStyle’s Facebook page now!
Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton had one of the most legendary marriages in Hollywood history—so legendary that it happened twice, with their second marriage lasting not even a full year. And now their story will be re-told on the small screen, with Lindsay Lohan starring as Taylor and Grant Bowler as Burton, in Lifetime’s Liz and Dick. Tune in tonight at 9/8c to see Lohan re-create the woman who was so known for draping herself in lavish diamonds—and equally lavish men.
Plus, see all of Taylor’s husbands!
Lindsay Lohan returned to her redhead roots! While the actress went platinum blond last year, she was seen leaving a Los Angeles salon yesterday with auburn strands. Tell us: Do you like her as a redhead?
See more celebrity hair makeovers!
Lindsay Lohan is hosting Saturday Night Live tonight, and to celebrate, we’re taking a look back at her beauty transformation. Click through the gallery to see all of Lohan’s looks through the years. And tune into SNL tonight on NBC at 11:30/10:30c to catch her performance. Tell us: Are you excited to see her return to the spotlight?
In our on-going celebration of the most superlative holiday of the year—10/10/10, that is—we’ve rounded up the ten best hairstyles from the past ten years. Some of them were shoo-ins: Halle Berry’s roughed-up pixie is such a classic that she’s still sporting it today. Katie Holmes’s graphic bob has been the top tried on style in our Hollywood Makeover Tool for as long as we can remember. A few of the picks, however, were more of a surprise—click through our gallery to see if your favorite stars and haircuts made our list. (And because we couldn’t help ourselves. We chose an 11th style as a treat!)
1. Lindsay Lohan chose 6-inch Louboutins for her most recent court appearance. [StyleList.com]
2. Tom Brady admits to keeping his hair long and shaggy to please Gisele. [People.com]
3. The world’s largest runway show, featuring over 10,000 models, will be staged in Europe. [TheIndependent.co.uk]
4. Katy Perry played off her recent Sesame Street controversy with a funny spoof on SNL. [JustJared.com]
5. Miranda Kerr shows off her baby bump in an elegant LBD in Milan. [FabSugar.com]
6. The Social Network is being hailed as the best movie of the year. [TheDailyBeast.com]
1. Find out everything you need to know about Lady Gaga’s Franc Fernandez-designed meat frock. [MTV.com]
2. After Penelope Cruz was spotted on a film set with a bump, her rep has confirmed she’s 4 1/2 months along. Congrats! [People.com]
3. Get the dish on Oprah’s 25th season premiere–and the Australian trip the audience members get to take. [EW.com]
4. Photos from Tom Ford’s super-secret womenswear show have leaked, including ones of Beyonce. [Fashionista.com]
5. Check out Lindsay Lohan’s new ads for Fornarina. [Styleite.com]
6. Chelsea Handler helps the VMAs earn their highest ratings in ten years. [JustJared.com]
1. Madonna and daughter Lourdes’ Material Girl collection drew huge crowds at Macy’s–and a few impersonators. [WWD.com]
2. Glee’s Matthew Morrison is reportedly shaving his head for the upcoming Britney Spears-themed episode. [JustJared.com]
3. Rent The Runway has added Preen and Roksanda Ilincic collections to its fashion catalogue. [RentTheRunway.com]
4. Rumor alert: Marc Jacobs could be expanding into plus-size wear. [NYMag.com]
5. Check out this video of Angela Lindvall’s shoot for her John Hardy jewelry line. [YouTube.com]
6. Lindsay Lohan is Marc Ecko’s “digital muse” for his Cut & Sew line’s ad campaign. [PeopleStyleWatch.com]