It comes as no surprise that the People’s Choice Awards last night were filled with vibrant fashion choices on the red carpet, but inside the show there were plenty of hilarious and heartfelt moments that made a statement all on their own. Here are our five favorites from the night to enjoy while drinking your morning coffee:
1. Hosts Beth Behrs and Kat Dennings. From their pretaped 2 Broke Girls spoof opening to their back and forth banter all evening long, these two added a comedic twist to the night. “She’s the Hathaway, I’m the Franco,” joked Dennings, in reference to Anne Hathaway and James Franco (who hosted the Academy Awards in 2011).
2. Ellen DeGeneres Trying to Steal the Spotlight From Justin Timberlake. JT was a fan favorite last night with three People’s Choice Award wins (Favorite Male Artist, Favorite R&B Artist and Favorite Album for “The 20/20 Experience”), but one of our favorite moments was Ellen trying to pull a fast one on Timberlake by trying to walk up and claim his award for Favorite Album for him. “I would like to thank Ellen, for all the personal inspiration, and the cookies,” he joked as he finally took the stage. He also shared a valuable lesson on kitchen cleanliness with the men in the audience, a nod to wife Jessica Biel. ”I would like to thank my beautiful wife for teaching me patience, and just putting the dishes in the dishwasher. It goes a long way. Fellas, you’re welcome.”
3. A Pregnant Drew Barrymore Glowing On Stage. The expectant star (who looked stunning!) was glowing as she presented the Favorite Comedic Movie Actor to Adam Sandler.
4. Jennifer Hudson’s Emotional Acceptance Speech. Yes, Jennifer Hudson looked pretty fab in her white KaufmanFranco dress, but our favorite moment of hers was the emotional speech she gave when presented with the Favorite Humanitarian Award for her Julian D. King Gift Foundation by L.L. Cool J. “It’s one thing to be a celebrity and have power … but it means nothing if we’re not helping someone else,” she said to the audience. “It also feels good to see positivity acknowledged.”
5. Sandra Bullock’s Hilarious and Heart Warming Words. The Gravity star was the big winner of the night, taking home the most awards (including Favorite Movie Actress). “This looks like I spend lonely Friday nights just voting for myself,” Bullock joked of her multiple wins. But she switched from witty to warm (a true an aww moment!) when she acknowledged son Louis for his support. “Thanks for letting me come out tonight,” Bullock said. “Sweetie, it’s because people work a lot harder than mommy did to make her look good.”
Missed the show last night? See the red carpet fashion standouts from the 2014 People’s Choice Awards:
• The People’s Choice Awards 2014 Announced
• Gravity Broke Box Office Records And Audiences React On Twitter
• 26 Reasons To Get Excited About 2014