Johnny Depp turns 49 today! To celebrate, we’re taking a look back at the actor’s most memorable fashion moments, from Jack Sparrow scarves and layered necklaces, to dapper three-piece suits. Click through the gallery, and see why Depp was given the Style Icon Award at this year’s CFDA Fashion Awards!
Johnny Depp‘s three decades worth of fedoras and lavender tinted shades earned him more than just than just heartthrob status—come Monday, June 4th, he’s officially a Fashion Icon. The Council of Fashion Designers of America will anoint the actor with its prestigious Fashion Icon of the Year honor at its annual awards gala in New York, an achievement that has previously gone to Lady Gaga (2011), Iman (2010), and former girlfriend, Kate Moss (2005). Depp is the first man to receive the award, proving his care-free style is so different and remarkable that it breaks boundaries—and that’s definitely something worth celebrating. See 25 of Depp’s most memorable looks, from premiere style to movie moments, by clicking through the gallery now.
Johnny Depp‘s fedoras, layered necklaces, and three-piece suits are getting some major fashion recognition! The Council of Fashion Designers of America announced today that it will honor the actor by naming him Fashion Icon of 2012 for his “personal and eclectic sense of style.” (Last year’s Fashion Icon honor went to Lady Gaga.) Depp will be the first-ever male recipient when the awards take place June 4th in New York City. Tell us: Do you think Depp’s unique look qualifies him as a fashion icon? Vote in the poll below and let us know! More
In Hollywood, comely co-stars Amber Heard and Johnny Depp hit the premiere of The Rum Diary, held at the Los Angeles County Museum of Art. Asked if she found it easy to walk in her red carpet-grazing Elie Saab dress and Louboutin spikes, the actress quipped, ”Absolutely not…But it feels great.” See Taylor Swift, Nicole Richie and more stars at last night’s hottest events in the gallery!
Now that the sun’s rays are finally shining bright, celebrities have been keeping their eyes stylishly protected. Stars like Eva Longoria, Ashley Greene, Jake Gyllenhaal, and more have all been recently spotted showing off their shady accessories, from aviators and Ray Bans to oversize movie-star styles. Click through the gallery to see all of our favorite celebrity sunglasses from this year, and get some inspiration for the styles, shapes, and sizes you love for your next UV-protection shopping trip!
1. Rachel Zoe isn’t letting pregnancy stop her from stepping out in six-inch leopard print heels. [CocoPerez]
2. Johnny Depp’s fedora obsession paid off. The Headwear Association named him “Hat Person of the Year.” [HuffPo Style]
3. Tyra Banks launched her new beauty website, typeF, today. Check it out! [typeF]
4. Kate Moss showed off her smoldering pout for the new Dior Addict Lipstick campaign. [Racked]
5. On a strict budget? This blogger showcases her wallet-friendly Walmart finds. [PennyChic]
6. Vineyard Vines will release a Kentucky Derby-themed collection in April. [WWD]
1. Gwyneth Paltrow will return to Glee. Hooray! [Access Hollywood]
2. Judges for the Miss America pageant on January 15th will include Joy Behar, Marilu Henner and Dancing With the Stars choreographer Tony Dovolani. [NY Post]
3. Vera Wang showed off her sporty side by sitting courtside at a New York Knicks game with figure skater Evan Lysacek. [Coco Perez]
4. ‘Whip My Hair’ singer Willow Smith has a new hairstyle, a bowlcut bob, which is not whippable in the least. [Stylelite]
5. New engagements! Susan Surandon’s daughter, actress Eva Amurri will wed boyfriend Kyle Martino, and Lauren Bush is now engaged to Ralph Lauren’s son David. [Just Jared]
6. Johnny Depp wears so many clothes at once—not a bad thing, since he coordinates so well. [MTV]
With gorgeous clothes, scenery and two of the hottest stars on the planet, The Tourist, which opens on December 10th is sure to be a visual blockbuster. The movie stars Johnny Depp as a lovelorn American vacationing in Venice when he meets a mysterious woman played by Angelina Jolie. We’re already drooling over Angelina’s classic old Hollywood wardrobe of pencil skirts and A-line dresses. Check out the trailer after the jump!