The Robin Hood Foundation’s 12-12-12 Concert for Hurricane Sandy Relief took place at New York’s Madison Square Garden last night! InStyle was backstage for the night’s biggest moments, where we spotted stars like Blake Lively (in Isabel Marant), Katie Holmes (in Tom Ford), and Jimmy Fallon with wife Nancy all strutting down the red carpet prior to their on-stage appearances. See more behind-the-scenes photos in the gallery!
Hurricane Sandy wreaked havoc on the northeast earlier this week, and while cities have begun the recovery process there is still a long way to go. NBC Universal has decided to help by airing a one-hour telethon this Friday, November 2, at 8/7c to raise money for those affected. The special, Hurricane Sandy: Coming Together, will be hosted by Matt Lauer, feature performances by Christina Aguilera, Bruce Springsteen, Jon Bon Jovi, Billy Joel, and Sting as well as appearances by Jimmy Fallon and other big names. All money raised by the telethon will go to the American Red Cross. Tune in Friday to make a difference!
Plus, see more celebrity causes below!
The Golden Globes anticipation is building! Sandra Bullock, winner of the Best Actress in a Drama award last year, will return to the Golden Globes red carpet this Sunday as a presenter. She chose a strapless violet Bottega Veneta gown with a sheer skirt for the event last year, and we can’t wait to see if she picks another bright hue for Sunday’s ceremony. Funnyman Jimmy Fallon, Robert Downey Jr., Kaley Cuoco, Chris Hemsworth and Chris Evans were also announced as presenters on the Golden Globes official Twitter.
1. Want to be the next Rachel Berry? Here’s your chance to be on Glee and star in a new reality show! [Reuters.com]
2. You must watch this immediately: Jimmy Fallon and Bruce Springsteen cover Willow Smith’s “Whip My Hair.” [NYMag.com]
3. Opening Ceremony teamed up with Disney to make Tron-inspired clothing. [WWD.com]
4. Karl Lagerfeld thinks Facebook is “flawless.” We, however, save that kind of praise for his Chanel bags. [BusinessofFashion.com]
5. Pink is pregnant! Her doctor spilled the beans and implied it that it’s a girl. [PerezHilton.com]
6. Vera Wang stopped making her own line of bridesmaid dresses; they will now be made through David’s Bridal. [HuffingtonPost.com]
The 2010 Emmys kicked off with a Glee-inspired number that had us in side stitches. The sketch featured host Jimmy Fallon leading several members of the Glee cast along with stars like Betty White, Jon Hamm, Tina Fey, Nina Dobrev and Kate Gosselin in a rousing rendition of Bruce Springsteen’s “Born to Run.” Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy winner Jane Lynch joined in, tossing slushies in Fallon and Fey’s faces. Watch the video above, and then tell us what you think the funniest moment was in the comments section below!
1. Find out which Chicago restaurant boasts a Lady Gaga-approved fried chicken and waffles dish. [People.com]
2. Jessica Simpson plans to use her best friends to present her collection at Fashion Week. [HollywoodLife.com]
3. Jared Leto accomplishes the impossible with his new ‘do: Making a combover look sexy. [HuffingtonPost.com]
4. If you tweet Jimmy Fallon now, you may get a personal shout out while he’s hosting the Emmys on Sunday. [People.com]
5. Rachel Zoe applies her signature style advice to a new medium—home décor! [RachelZoe.com]
6. Drop by an ex-boyfriend’s sweatshirt in exchange for a brand new pair of Levi’s in N.Y.C.’s Bryant Park tomorrow. [DailyFrontRow.com]