Analeigh Tipton, Emily Blunt and Dakota Fanning toasted to the work of designer Elie Saab at a private dinner held in his honor in New York City. The three stars are just a sampling of the Lebanese native’s mega Hollywood following, which also includes Zoe Saldana, Cameron Diaz, and Gwyneth Paltrow. See more stars at last night’s hottest parties in the gallery.
Plus, see Fanning’s transformation from child actress to big-screen star in the gallery!
The star power is at New York Fashion Week! Natalie Portman and Dakota Fanning showed their support for one of their favorite labels, Rodarte, while Oscar nominee Viola Davis shopped for her big night from the front row at Vera Wang. And, of course, the fashion was equally attention-getting, with Oscar de la Renta showing another collection sure to appear on every red carpet. See more of the most exciting Fashion Week news in the gallery!
Reporters and photographers swarmed Matt Damon and wife Luciana Barroso as they entered the Naeem Khan fashion show today, making his first-ever New York Fashion Week experience an intense one. “This is my very first show of my life,” Damon told InStyle.com. “I don’t know what to expect! But it’ll be great because it’s coming from Naeem.” The couple, who held hands during the entire show, is friends with the designer. See more news from the front lines—including Dakota Fanning, Marc Jacobs, and Kate Middleton-favorite Jenny Packham—in the gallery!
— Sharon Clott, with reporting by Nakisha Williams
Dakota Fanning is the latest star to add some color to her ‘do! The 17-year-old stepped out with bubblegum pink tips this week, following in the footsteps of other recent rainbowheads, like Katy Perry in blue and Selena Gomez in sapphire and amethyst extensions. Tell us: Do you like her new look? Let us know in the comments!
Plus, see more recent hair makeovers!
Marc Jacobs’s latest fragrance Oh, Lola! hit stores this month, and we’ve got tons of exclusive behind-the-scene images from the campaign featuring Dakota Fanning. “When I first was asked to do the campaign, I said yes without even thinking,” Fanning told InStyle.com exclusively. “I’m a huge fan of Marc Jacobs’s fragrances—I had all of them at home already!” Get a closer look at the shoot by clicking “See the Photos” now.
Dakota Fanning debuted a new look in London this week—a super short pixie. The 17-year-old actress is currently filming Now Is Good, in which she plays a teen with leukemia who makes a list of things she wants to do before the disease takes her. It turns out, this look is just a wig, her rep confirmed to People. See Fanning and dozens more amazing hair makeovers in the gallery.
1. Dakota Fanning signed a modeling contract with IMG. Do we smell a campaign on the horizon? [Nylon]
2. Monique Lhuillier teamed up with candle company D.L. & Co. to create her own home fragrance collection, which will debut in April. [WWD]
3. The royal mint released a coin commemorating the engagement of Prince William and Kate Middleton. What’s next? [Telegraph]
4. These adorable pets in ugly holiday sweaters will cheer you up if you’re stuck at a desk this week. [People]
5. Maison Martin Margiela and Opening Ceremony announced that they will collaborate on a line for Fall 2011. We’re intrigued! [WWD]
6. Find out how to snag great last-minute gifts at your local drugstore. You know that place is full of tiny treasures. [Glamour]