Couture Fashion Week is wrapping up in the City of Lights, and we have all of the insider scoop that you need to know straight from the Paris runways. Click to see all the need-to-know moments, from Armani Privé’s wedding-worthy gowns to celebrity party appearances by Bradley Cooper and Carla Bruni and more.
While some of us have to wait until this Sunday, February 10th to shop Prabal Gurung’s LOVE collection for Target, that’s not the case for celebrities! The Nepalese designer’s A-list fans, including Carey Mulligan, Elizabeth Olsen, Rashida Jones, and Olivia Thirlby all came out to the his boardwalk-themed launch party in New York wearing the colorful pieces in the LOVE line. “I love the way he is inspired to take art and turn it into something you can wear on your body,” Thirlby, who starred in the collection’s campaign video, told InStyle.com at the event, before heading over to the stage to listen to Ne-Yo perform his hit song, “Let Me Love You.” As for Gurung himself, it all comes down to love: “It might be exasperating for a lot of other guys, but I find it really enchanting,” he said. “I just wanted to remind women, whether they’re in a relationship or whether they’re single, not to forget the essence of love.” And in these sweet date-ready designs, how could we!
Plus, see the entire LOVE collection in the gallery! Shop it in stores and target.com Sunday, February 10.
• Watch Prabal’s 30-Second Romance Movie
• Prabal Loves to Dress Celebrities (And He’s Dress a Ton This Season)
• January Jones’ Prabal Dress: From the Runway to the Red Carpet
• Zoe Saldana’s Favorite Prabal Moment
France’s First Lady, Carla Bruni, just gave birth to a baby girl! While both Carla and President Sarkozy each already have their own children from previous relationships, this is the first for the couple, as well as the first child born to a ruling French leader since Napoleon! When asked about his new daughter’s name, Sarkozy said he’d “allow the mother the pleasure of telling you herself.” We can’t wait!
Plus, see great celebrity mom style in the gallery!
Carla Bruni-Sarkozy is expecting! The wife of French President Nicolas Sarkozy was thought to be pregnant for several weeks now, but it wasn’t until her father-in-law and expectant grandfather Pal Sarkozy confirmed the news yesterday that it became official. “Neither wants to know the gender beforehand, but I’m certain it will be a girl, and beautiful like Carla,” said the president’s father, the AP reports. The French First Lady is 43. Congrats to the happy couple!
1. Go behind-the-scenes of Madonna’s latest photo shoot. [Interviewmagazine.com]
2. BFFs Stella McCartney, Kate Hudson and Liv Tyler prep for parties with champagne and girl talk. [People.com]
3. Diddy’s Sean Jean clothing line signs an exclusive deal with Macy’s. [WWD.com]
4. Carla Bruni could be the most stylish comic book hero yet. [StyleList.com]
5. Guest Juicy Couture designer Erin Fetherston’s Met ball gown was made with velour sweatsuit material. [Styleite.com]
6. Mark your calendars, Twi-hards! Eclipse set a red carpet premiere date. [EOnline.com]
1. Christina Aguilera morphs into a Bionic woman for her new album cover. [InStyle.co.uk]
2. Could it be true? Is Tom Ford preparing a new women’s collection? [WWD.com]
3. Balmain launches a line of—wait for it—hair extensions! [CocoPerez.com]
4. Uptown girl Tory Burch has a soft spot for the Grateful Dead. [ToryBurch.com]
5. Carla Bruni—pop star, First Lady and now, guest editor of Madame Figaro magazine. [HuffingtonPost.com]
6. The Hills are no longer alive after this season. [Usmagazine.com]