Known for their delicate embroidery and chic beading, Marchesa’s Georgina Chapman and Keren Craig took us on a magic carpet ride to “India in the 1960s”—think decadent gold leaf makeup, graphic tribal ponies, and jewel tones galore (we love a deep plum nail!). The collection fuses Eastern and Western cultures, combining their elements and bringing out the best beauty of each. We went backstage to get the complete breakdown from hair to nails—and managed to get some more details on the wedding dress everyone is talking about! So click through our gallery to get the complete how-to, along with the exact products used.
Known for her decadent gowns on red-carpets all over the globe, this season, Vera Wang took us on a journey to the “beauty and sensuality of India.” Head turban-inspired updos and exotic gold makeup accented her collections’ rich color palette. Like something out of a Maharaja’s dreams, this girl is seductive and striking to behold. We went backstage to get the complete breakdown—from hair to nails—so you can try your hand at creating the couture look at home! Click through our gallery to get the complete how-to, along with the exact products used.
Summer sun may do wonders for your skin and your spirit, but has your hair seen better days? If your strands are allergic to humidity, we’ve got you covered. From hair oil treatments to de-frizzing creams, we rounded up our favorite products for combating the elements and keeping your locks lush and shiny. Click through to see our top product picks!
August is here! But after nearly two months of summertime weather, has your hair seen better days? If your strands fall prey to humidity, try one of our top picks to keep them looking lush and shiny, like Fekkai’s Summer Hair Anti-Frizz Cream ($25 at fekkai.com) and L’Oreal’s EverSleek Precious Oil Treatment ($13 at lorealparisusa.com). The rich formulas boast natural smoothing ingredients that leave hair soft, shiny and manageable. Click through to see more hair bargains, from hair oil treatments to de-frizzing creams, that will help you this summer. And they’re all under $25!
When it comes to beauty, sometimes less is more. We’re obsessed with Amanda Seyfried’s lustrous blond waves and when we caught up with the star of Les Miserables she told us how simple it was for her to get the look. “I don’t see the point of putting a lot of styling product in my hair, but I do use a shine-enhancing shampoo,” she told InStyle.com. Add some gloss to your locks with Fekkai’s Brilliant Glossing Shampoo ($25; fekkai.com) and check out more ‘wow-factor’ hair products in our gallery!
1. Tom Brady is trading in his cleats for Uggs in his latest gig as Ugg Australia’s new face. [HuffingtonPost.com]
2. Finally! Images from Tom Ford’s top-secret runway show this fall, featuring Beyonce and Lauren Hutton, emerge. [HarpersBazaar.co.uk]
3. Fergie will co-judge Avon Voices, a singing and songwriting competition, starting today. [AvonVoices.com]
4. Looking for your dream dress to wear down the aisle? The Saks bridal sample sale starts today with styles up to 70% off. Hurry! [Mizhattan.com]
6. Tomorrow, Madewell will debut Alexa Chung’s cheeky Bat tunic, a longer version of her popular Bat tee. [PeopleStyleWatch.com]
1. Check out host Chelsea Handler’s VMA promo pic. [JustJared.com]
2. Want to live like a star? Marilyn Monroe’s home is for sale! [DavidOffer.com]
3. Head to a Saks near you tomorrow to receive a complementary Fekkai Advanced Styling product. [Fekkai.com]
4. Help support disadvantaged youth in South Africa by snapping up this chic onyx beaded bracelet. [TheWilsonFoundation.org]
5. J. Crew opens a men’s-only boutique in N.Y.C. [Style.com]
6. Kate Spade’s Halle wedge heels have become the political power shoe of choice. [NYTimes.com]