Layering is no longer restricted to your clothes alone. Loading multiple fingers with numerous rings is a chic way to attain a maximum layering effect. To nail the trend, you need to keep your look clean and cohesive—but not too matchy-matchy. So seek out thin, dainty rings versus thick, ornate styles as you want the look to be delicate. And remember that sometimes, one is enough. You can wear a floater midi ring and nothing else on one finger and then pile dainty styles on another. For more expert tips on how to nail the look, read on for key pointers straight from Dana Avidan-Cohn, InStyle‘s senior market editor/digital correspondent.
1. Decide on a metal—gold, rose gold, or silver—and then play with textures.
2. You don’t need a ring on every finger and you don’t have to match your hands, for instance you can wear just one thumb ring.
3. Look for rings with special detail like a small stone or crystal to add variation.
4. Change it up! You can mix and match until you find a combo that you really love.
5. Buy a few rings from a single brand. Buying a few at a time will help the mix work better.
Read on to shop the look!
Luv Aj stackable ring set, $55, luvaj.com (pinky); Sarah Chloe diamond band, $398, sarahchloe.com (ring finger, top); Catbird twisted rings, $64 for set, catbirdnyc.com (ring finger, bottom); Catbird opal tear drop ring, $198, catbirdnyc.com (middle finger); Catbird chain rings, $68 for two, catbirdnyc.com (index finger); Sarah Chloe gold band, $49, sarahchloe.com (thumb).
LuvAj mini spike ring, $31, luvaj.com (index finger, top); Sarah Chloe gold band, $49, sarahchloe.com (index finger, bottom); Catbird chain rings, $68 for two, catbirdnyc.com (middle finger); Luv Aj stackable ring set, $55, luvaj.com (ring finger); Catbird twisted rings, $64 for set, catbirdnyc.com (pinky).