Kate Hudson, our July cover girl, loves the style so much that she wore her own Jacquie Aiche style during her InStyle photo shoot (above, left). She also showed us how to effortlessly pull off the jewelry piece when she used the dainty chain to dress up a casual outfit. The actress wore her body chain under a simple crop top and added interest by layering it with necklaces (above, right).
But, this trend is a bit more intimidating than ear and hand cuffs, so we caught up with international fitness expert (and Adriana Lima’s trainer) Michael Olajide, Jr., for quick tips on how to tone your abs, straight from his #UrbanJungle workout for Amazonia Beverages. Read on for an exclusive how-to.
1. To tone your abs, stand with your feet shoulder width apart, keep your kneecaps facing forward, and flex every muscle—especially your abs.
2. Keep your hands away from your body and make sure your fists, elbows, and shoulders are the same height.
3. Keep your head straight and begin slowly twisting from side-to-side, gradually picking up speed for 60 seconds.
4. Next, while continuing the twisting motion, tilt your shoulders so that your right elbow is point towards the ground and your left elbow points to the ceiling.
5. Finally, tilt the opposite way and repeat for 60 seconds.
Now that you know the workout—and one that can be done in the comfort of your own home, no less—click to shop our favorite body chains.
For more from our body chain-wearing cover star Kate Hudson, pick up the July issue of InStyle, available on newsstands and for digital download now.