As if news of a future Jackie-Kelso baby didn’t conjure up enough TV nostalgia, Mila Kunis has found a chic new way to relive her hippy past: the star’s latest trip down memory lane involved a That 70s Show-inspired hairstyle at this year’s MTV Movie Awards. The mom-to-be, who took home the golden popcorn as Best Villain, flawlessly captured the carefree decade with loose, effortless waves and a smooth center part. Love her hair as much as we do? Celebrity hairstylist Renato Campora, who created the look using Herbal Essences products, tells us how to envoke the retro vibe from home. Get the step-by-step guide below!
1. Apply a bit of Herbal Essences Moroccan Me a Miracle 7-in-1 Serum ($5; drugstore.com) on damp hair to protect from heat styling while also helping to smooth frizz and add moisture and shine.
2. Then, create a boost of volume by working about an egg-size amount of Herbal Essences Naked Volumizing Soufflé ($7; drugstore.com) at the root to create a fullness that can last all night.
3. Next, create that 70’s-inspired center part by blowing out hair straight with a round brush.
4. Once hair is completely dry and straight, wrap two-inch sections around a 1.5” curling iron. Expert tip: let the curls cool and then brush out hair to create soft, elegant waves.
5. Finish the look with Herbal Essences Naked Flexible Hold Spritzer ($7; drugstore.com) to keep waves in place, but still leave them soft and touchable.