Channing Tatum may have been honored at the MTV Movie Awards as this year’s Trailblazer, but as far as the red carpet goes, it was his wife Jenna Dewan who truly had us swooning. Keeping the focus on her bold lip and lush lashes, the star opted for loose, sleek waves, paired with a smooth center part. To achieve the exact look, celebrity hairstylist Jen Atkin shared the full how-to, along with an exclusive Flipagram (an app that lets you turn the pictures on your phone into short photo-video stories) of the star prepping for the big night. See below!
1. Start by prepping hair at the root with volumizing spray. Apply Leonor Greyl Mousse ($46; leonorgreyl.com) from roots to ends.
2. Rough dry your hair to remove about 80% of the moisture.
3. Using a medium size round brush, brush your hair and set with large Velcro rollers on top of the crown. Continue to round brush out the ends smooth with a slight bend.
4. Remove the rollers and center part your hair. Take vertical sections using a 1 1/4″ curling iron.
Spray each section with Oribe Superfine Hair Spray ($32; oribe.com). Wrap 1″ of the hair in vertical sections around the curling iron. Continue to spray each section before curling this insures the style to last.
5. Brush through every section to soften the wave.
6. Use a dime size amount of anti-frizz cream and work into your palms to create shine and remove frizz.
7. Use a flat iron over the ends to smooth hair and go over any curls that need to be softened.
8. Set with Oribe Strong Hold hairspray ($32; oribe.com) to finish.