There’s no doubt that host Beth Behrs stunned at the People’s Choice Awards last night in a Giuletta gown, David Webb jewelry and Rene Caovilla heels, but what also caught our attention was her sultry makeup and hair, so we caught up with her glam squad to find out how she got her sexy look. Hairstylist Aviva Perea told InStyle.com they went for something a little different with her blond strands. “Beth rarely wears her bangs back so we wanted to do something out of the norm.” Perea prepped Behr’s hair with a ton of Phytovolume ($29; sephora.com) and Oribe’s Surfcomber Toussled Texture Mousse ($37; oribe.com) and rough dried it using her fingers and really directing the bangs backward. “Then I wrapped one inch sections of hair around a 1/2″ barrel curling iron going on opposite directions and once her hair was cool I used Oribe’s Dry Texture Spray ($42; oribe.com) and shook her hair out. Then I wrapped the left section around the chignon and then repeated that on the right side, took the top portion, pulled it back and wrapped it around as well. It’s basically a chignon stacking bun!,” Perea told us.
Meanwhile, celebrity Makeup Artist Jamie Greenberg was behind Behrs’ old Hollywood-inspired makeup, and gave us the step-by-step inspiration behind the look. “Beth kept to a neutral, yet glam wardrobe throughout the People’s Choice Awards, so I wanted to highlight her beauty but not distract from the dresses, says Greenberg. For her red carpet look, Greenberg created a classic eye with a smokey outer edge, but modernized it with a bright, coral lip. For the second outfit change, she played up Behrs’ youthful dress and softened the eye by adding a light shimmer and highlighting the lip with a poppy, pink gloss. Here’s how you can get the look:
1. Prep the face with Laura Mercier Hydrating Foundation Primer ($32; nordstrom.com) and then apply mark’s Got The Goods Multi-Benefit Foundation Lotion SPF 15 ($18; meetmark.com) all over.
2. Apply mark’s Super Conceal Full Coverage Concealer ($10; meetmark.com) under the eyes, then sweep mark’s Touch and Glow Shimmer Cream Cubes ($16; meetmark.com) across cheekbones.
3. Next, apply mark’s Please Hold Eye Primer ($9; meetmark.com) all over the eye lid and apply mark’s On The Dot Smokey Color Compact in navy, bottom right shade, ($16; meetmark.com) to the outer corners of the eye.
4. Line the top lash line with Avon’s SuperShock Gel Eye Liner Pencil in Blackout ($8; avon.com) and the bottom lash line with mark’s No Place To Run Longwear Eyeliner ($9; meetmarc.com) in Jet Set.
5. Finish the eyes with three layers of Ardell Natural Individual Lashes ($4; ulta.com) and two coats of bareMineral Flawless Definition Waterproof Mascara ($18; bareescentuals.com).
6. Complete the look with mark’s Lipclick Full Color Lipstick in Coral Fixation ($11; meetmark.com).