26 Reasons We’re Excited to Welcome 2014!Jan 8, 2014 @ 5:21 pm
1. Tina Fey and Amy Poehler host the Golden Globes January 12.
2. La Prairie Cellular Swiss Ice Crystal Cream and the brand’s first-ever Dry Oil hit shelves Jan. 29.
3. Our pre-Oscars Google Hangout with fashion experts Rachel Roy, Simon Doonan, and InStyle‘s own Ariel Foxman and Eric Wilson happens Jan. 28.
4. Pop the bubbly! On Feb. 7, we start celebrating 20 years of InStyle magazine.
5. Peter Pilotto’s Target collection debuts Feb. 9.
6. House of Cards season two premieres Feb. 14. Thank Netflix for the great Valentine’s Day gift!
7. Jimmy Fallon takes over The Tonight Show and Seth Meyers takes over Late Night Feb. 24.
8. Beyonce‘s new fragrance, Rise, hits stores mid-February.
9. Ellen hosts the Oscars March 2.
10. Wes Anderson’s Grand Budapest Hotel premieres March 7.
11. The 9/11 Memorial Museum opens in New York City March 21.
12. A new royal baby! Princess Madeline of Sweden is due this spring.
13. Sephora launches its new Radiant Orchid palette in honor of the Pantone Color of the Year.
14. We get our first look at Nicolas Ghesquière’s new collections for Louis Vuitton.
15. Michelle Williams’ makes her Broadway debut in Cabaret April 24.
16. Kate Moss’ new collaboration with Topshop becomes available.
17. Sophia Webster‘s line for J. Crew launches.
18. A modern take on the girly classic color, pink, as seen on the Spring runways!
19. Goodbye, bulky pockets! Only Coin, an all-in-one digital wallet, is out this summer.
20. Jennifer Aniston’s cut that launched a thousands snips, “The Rachel,” turns 20. (Can you believe it?)
21. The evolution of the pixie — for those who recently chopped their locks, this summer will tell if they’re growing out their ‘do’s or keeping them shorn.
22. William and Kate’s first child, son Prince George, turns one July 22!
23. By the end of 2014, The Shanghai Tower (aka soon-to-be the tallest in the world!) will be completed, and equipped with a bullet elevator.
24. The Hunger Games: Mockingjay, Part 1 hits theaters Nov. 21.
25. A shiny new toy for techies come the end of this year: Apple iOS 8 comes out this year, perfect for holiday gift-giving.
26. 4K resolution TVs are finally getting cheaper this year; celebrate by adding one to your holiday wishlist — or living room!
Plus see all the greatest style moments from 2013: