Is the end of squeezing into spandex-tight jeans nearing? It’s not entirely over, but there is a shift happening. Stars including Milla Jovovich (in Giorgio Armani), Solange Knowles (in Roberto Cavalli), Nicole Richie (in Balmain) and Elizabeth Olsen (in The Row) have adopted a more comfortable (read: roomier) alternative to too-tight skinnies with wide-leg pants. Ever since designers like Chloe and Proenza Schouler sent the wide-leg silhouette down the runway last year, the relaxed fit has become popular both on and off the red carpet. To find the right one for you, look for a pair that sits easily at the hips. The hem should skim the ground, revealing just the tips of your shoes (this may require alterations). Team a tee with a linen fabric for a casual weekend brunch look or don a blouse and blazer with a silk or satin pair for a dressier occasion. Click through to see more celebs taking the trend in stride. Tell us: Would you wear the look?
Watch the Video: Jason Sudeikis Talks Skinny Jeans, SNL Fashion, and the Sexiest Thing a Woman Can WearJul 15, 2013 @ 4:30 pm
Jason Sudeikis stars in our “Man of Style” feature in the new August InStyle issue starring his fiance Olivia Wilde on the cover (great coincidence, eh?). After photographer Dusan Reljin snapped away at the SNL funnyman for the five-page spread (which included an splash-in-the-face action shot), he sat down with InStyle.com to dish out style advice in this behind-the-scenes video, from SNL fashion to getting a man into skinny jeans to the sexiest thing a woman can wear. ”If the picture’s good, it doesn’t matter what the frame is,” he says of women’s style. “I’m very fortunate to have, for my taste and for many others, a great picture. So it doesn’t really matter what she wears. On the rare occasion, nothing at all works just as well!” Watch the video above for more with the We’re the Millers actor and then read our entire exclusive interview by picking up the new InStyle, available now on newsstands and tablet download.
Plus, see Olivia Wilde and Jason Sudeikis’s cutest couple moments.
The show must go on! Despite injuring her shoulder while filming a music video last week, Mariah Carey was still able to deliver a showstopping performance with the New York Philharmonic Orchestra at the MLB All-Star Charity Concert in New York City’s Central Park. Of course, not any old cast would do for the diva — Mimi took the stage in three different slings, each one more glamorous than the last with rhinestones, feathers, and faux fur embellishments. It was just so Mariah. ”It was truly an honor to perform with the world renowned NY Philharmonic,” the singer wrote on her Instagram. “In spite of the pain, I wouldn’t ever have missed this moment.” We love how she took an unfortunate situation and turned it into a fashion statement, not to mention the great cause the show supported. Proceeds raised at the concert will benefit victims of Hurricane Sandy, and MLB made a $1 million donation toward relief efforts. Click the photo to take a closer look at her performance, and to go inside more of this weekend’s hottest celebrity parties.
Kate Middleton‘s July 13th due date came and went, and still no royal baby! Baby Cambridge’s birth will be announced in royal tradition, meaning a formal statement will be issued by Buckingham Palace and then placed outside the Palace gates for the world to see. Until then, scroll down to see the latest news surrounding the big day.
1. Kate Middleton is two days late now. The baby could be due any day! [Wales Online]
2. The Duchess of Cambridge went to her parents home in Bucklebury this weekend. Meanwhile, St. Mary’s Hospital in Paddington, London is on tight security. [People]
3. Police escorts and a car are on standby at the Middleton house in case the mother-to-be needs to go to the hospital located an hour away. [Hollywood Life]
4. Fun fact: Kate Middleton and Prince William’s baby is due almost 12 years after they first met at St. Andrews University in September 2001. [Mirror]
5. Kate is preparing for natural birth with yoga and hypnobirthing, a method that helps mothers give birth naturally by using visualizations and breathing techniques. [Daily Mail]
6. David Beckham already has the perfect name picked out for Will and Kate’s new baby, should the little one be a boy. Hint — it starts with a ‘D.’ [E! Online]
Plus, see Kate’s best looks ever!
Chanel relaunched it’s gorgeous Premiere watch in February with sleeker links and a more refined look. Now, a couple of the legendary fashion house’s famous fans have been spotted in the stunner, which features a chunky gold chain reflecting the luxe label’s famous bag straps and an octagonal case inspired by the shape of the octagon stopper on a bottle of Chanel No. 5. Kristen Stewart and Milla Jovovich sported the steel version with black and white ensembles—two of the iconic designer’s favorite colors—at Chanel’s couture presentation in Paris. Staying true to their personal styles, Stewart worked the watch into a funky look of a white Chanel jacket leather shorts and fingerless gloves, while Jovovich showed the lady-like side of the watch wearing it with a white shirt and little black Chanel jacket. Clearly, Chanel’s Premiere has become an instant classic. The style is available for $4,600 at Chanel Fine Jewelry boutiques; call 800-550-0005 for more.
Plus, see the prettiest looks from Couture Fashion Week.
— Marion Fasel
Between her low-key eye makeup, clean skin, and flushed lip, Emma Roberts‘ beauty look from the Persol Magnificent Obsessions event defined effortless summer beauty. “We went for fresh lips that were a perfect way to add color to her fair skin,” said her makeup artist Nick Barose. “True pink can be too fussy, but a sheer berry adds a pop of color, which is great for a summer look.” Barose chose the Neutrogena Moisture Smooth Color Stick in Soft Raspberry, a tawny pink with slight wine tones. “I dabbed it onto the entire lip, then added a bit more on the center to add depth and create a soft rose petal effect,” he said. The crayon-shaped stylo makes application a breeze, and the infused mango and shea butters keep your pucker moisturized. Pick up the color for $9 at neutrogena.com.
Shop more celebrity lip colors.
1. If you missed the return of The Newsroom last night, get your recap here. [The Hollywood Reporter]
2. What does a $120 T-shirt designed by Kanye West look like? [APC]
3. The boys are coming back! USA Network’s Suits airs tomorrow. [USA Network]
4. Twinkies fans rejoice — the beloved Hostess Brand treat is back on store shelves. [Time]
5. Beyonce took a moment of silence for Trayvon Martin during her Mrs. Carter Show World Tour concert in Nashville, Tennessee. [EW]
6. The secret’s out! J.K Rowling wrote a crime novel, The Cuckoo’s Calling under the pseudonym, Robert Galbraith. [HuffPo]
Just like the technology used to develop the latest iPhone or laptop, skincare technology also goes under constant changes and updates. This year’s new crop of innovators is especially impressive — from Dior‘s potent anti-aging blend and Chanel‘s serums that sync up with your internal clock, to Clinique‘s updated version of a classic product. After researching the latest in complexion technology, we gathered the most cutting-edge skincare treatments of the summer. Click the photo to see the full list now!