A new episode of The Good Wife premiered last night, in which Julianna Margulies’s character Alicia Florrick prosecutes a member of the U.S. military for rape (Amanda Peet guest stars as the victim). To visually balance the courtroom, with its mix of military uniforms and suits, costume designer Daniel Lawson dressed Alicia in a Christian Dior suit that made her pop—a conscious decision to prove her presence and power. “I am not one to pick favorites, but this is one of favorites that she’s worn in three and a half years,” he told InStyle.com. By the end of the case and the episode, he pushed more for the “status quo” with her looks, as seen with these black Calvin Klein and gray Escada outfits. Click through for more details about why he picked these looks!
MORE FROM THE GOOD WIFE:
• The Good Wife: Episode 5 Fashion
• The Good Wife: Episode 4 Fashion
• The Good Wife: Episode 3 Fashion
• The Good Wife: Episode 2 Fashion
• The Good Wife: Episode 1 Fashion
• Good Wife‘s Costume Department!