The Princess Bride—the epic cult classic that had such a place in the childhood hearts of so many—turns 25 today. To celebrate its birthday, the film has just been released for the first time on Blu Ray (you can nab one here!), and we’re reminded yet again that the era of the princess is upon us this year. The 1987 journey of Westley (played by Cary Elwes) and the Princess Bride herself, Buttercup (Robin Wright)—flash-forward, here’s what the pair look like now—has inspired us to peruse all our favorite princess moments from 2012 and compile a mega-list fit for royalty. Click more below to see why princesses are having such a mega moment.
• Actual Princesses’ Engagement Rings
• How To Get Kate Middleton’s Pretty Pearl Hair
• Princess Charlene’s Black Tie Look
• Princess Beatrice’s Royal Style
• The Most Memorable Movie Princesses Ever
• More Than 100 of Kate Middleton’s Looks
• Princess Diana’s Most Stylish Moments
• Kate’s Jubilee Tour Style: See the Looks!
SHOPPING PRINCESS STYLE
• Cinderella’s Shoe Collection at DSW
• Sephora’s Cinderella Collection
• All of Cinderella’s Fashion, Beauty, and Movie Moments This Year!
• Princess Vera Wang at Kohl’s
• Xena Warrior Princess Inspires Army Uniforms for Women
• Bobbi Brown on How to do Your Makeup Like a Princess
• The Fashion Power of Kate Middleton
• Louboutin’s Cinderella Slippers
• Jennifer Morrison on Once Upon a Time