Perks of Being a Wallflower comes out in theatres September 21st, and although we’re most looking forward to seeing Emma Watson‘s adorable pixie cut on the big screen, we also can’t wait to get our hands on the film’s soundtrack, which landed in stores today. It’s an ultimate mixtape of ’80s and ’90s classics, including songs from The Smiths and David Bowie, and it perfectly accompanies Stephen Chbosky’s cult-favorite novel-turned-film. Plus, Perks’s music supervisor, Alexandra Patsavas, is also behind the music from The Twilight Saga, including the upcoming Breaking Dawn Part 2, so there’s bound to be a few romantic ballads to swoon for, too. Click to see the entire track list!
1. The Samples – Could It Be Another Change
2. Dexys Midnight Runners – Come On Eileen
3. Galaxie 500 – Tugboat
4. New Order – Temptation
5. The Innocence Mission – Evensong
6. The Smiths – Asleep
7. Cracker – Low
8. Sonic Youth – Teenage Riot
9. XTC – Dear God
10. Cocteau Twins – Pearly-Dewdrops’ Drops
11. Michael Brook – Charlie’s Last Letter
12. David Bowie – Heroes
Plus, see more book-to-screen adaptations!
— Janelle Grodsky