The Glee crew will be taking on the infamous Time Warp dance in their ode to the Rocky Horror Picture Show next Tuesday, October 26th. So far, previews promise a leather-clad John Stamos (above, left), Chris Colfer as a comically chilling Riff Raff (above, center) and, oh yeah, shirtless performances by Matthew Morrison, Cory Monteith and Chord Overstreet (not pictured… sigh). Both the cast and the costumes have gotten a 2010 makeover. “The Glee kids’ take on Rocky Horror is a little more hip,” costume designer Lou Eyrich told TV Guide of the $30,000+ wardrobe. The team dressed Dianna Agron (above, right) in H&M pants, a ruffled tuxedo shirt and a glittery top hat. Colfer’s look is only slightly less adorable. “I was mistaken for a blonde woman a couple times,” he told TV Guide. “All I kept thinking was, ‘You did this to yourself, Chris.’”
Haven’t tried Minx nails yet? It’s time, we swear! Here are our top three reasons to give the eye-catching nail film a whirl.
1) It’s Beyonce (and Megan Fox…and Katy Perry) approved! The trend took off when Beyonce flaunted a silver set in her ‘Single Ladies’ video. According to The New York Times, she’s has also sported Jay-Z-detailed tips. And at this year’s MTV Video Music Awards, Katy Perry had finance Russell Brand’s face on her nail beds.
2) Can you say smudge-free? Applied with heat and pressure, the nails require no drying time and won’t smudge while you dig through your purse. Most nail salons now offer the service, or you can purchase a set at Sephora.com.
3) It’s right off the runway. The armadillo shoes at Alexander McQueen‘s Spring 2010 show may be what you remember most, but the nails were awesomely metallic and 100% Minx!
Bobbi Brown‘s latest book, Beauty Rules, is targeted for teens—but that doesn’t mean the rest of us can’t pick up a few great tips. Case and point: Bronzer make you look like an Oompa Loompa? “Choose bronzers that are brown, not orange,” Brown writes. “And if you have dark skin, look for something with a hint of red in it.” Eyes look dark and drab? “Make sure your concealer is one shade lighter than the color of your foundation,” she says. Pick up a copy of the book—or check out our October issue (p. 246!) for more great tricks from Bobbi.
To celebrate the now-iconic shapewear brand Spanx hitting their 10-year mark today, we thought about having some birthday cake, then donning our favorite body-shaper to reign in the cake’s effect. Instead, we took a strictly by-the-numbers look at the undergarments that truly launched a fashion revolution.
1: Name-check in Sex and the City 2, by Miranda (Cynthia Nixon).
2: Sizes Andy (Anne Hathaway) appears to drop thanks to the brand’s Power Panties in The Devil Wears Prada.
3: Shout-outs in the pages of InStyle from celebs: Jessica Alba, Jenna Fisher and Molly Shannon.
8: Hours needed to produce a typical piece.
30: Phone calls per month, on average, from celebrities or their stylists requesting product.
5,000: Dollars of her own money founder Sara Blakely invested to start the company.
20,000+: Power Panties sold on the day Oprah announced that she’d “given up panties” and was solely wearing PP instead.
You can help Spanx celebrate their 10th birthday on Twitter. Share your favorite Spanx-related moments using the hash tag #HappyBirthdaySPANX and you’ll be eligible to win a Spanx Starter Kit valued at $900.
— Robin Sayers
1. Zach Galifianakis does his best Pamela Anderson impression in a red swimsuit for Vanity Fair. [JustJared.com]
2. Julianne Moore can add “Face of Talbots Spring 2011 Campaign” to her already impressive resume. [People.com]
3. Attention all you Back to The Future fans, Marty McFly’s jacket is up for auction. [CocoPerez.com]
4. Much to our dismay, True Blood‘s Joe Manganiello has popped the question to actress/model Audra Marie. [EOnline.com]
5. Anti-aging guru, Dr. Nicholas Perricone has made a superfood-inspired line of products. [Sephora.com]
6. Click through Rihanna’s outfits in her “Only Girl in the World” video. We say bring on the bustiers! [NYMag.com]
We’ve been obsessing over the clothes on Gossip Girl for years now—but we still don’t quite have the Blair Waldorf budget we’d need to achieve it. Happily, the show’s genius stylist Eric Daman has come to our fashion rescue, creating a line of drop-dead adorable, downright affordable party dresses for Charlotte Russe. Each dress, bag and shoe looks ultra-luxe, but nothing tops $49.50. Click through the gallery below to see all the great styles—then hit Charlotte Russe stores October 24th to stock up.
In black leather pants, a drapey tank and pin-straight hair, Gwyneth Paltrow looks every inch the rockstar for her new music video “Country Strong.” The folksy jam was recorded for her upcoming film, also called Country Strong, which hits theaters December 22nd. In the clip, Paltrow handles both the mic and the guitar like a pro— perhaps hubby Chris Martin spilled some performance tips at home? Watch the whole video yourself above. Just don’t blame us if you can’t get the catchy, heartfelt tune out of your head!
Update! Gwyneth will also make her singing debut at next month’s CMA awards!