Playing a former nerd who faces off against her childhood bully in the movie You Again sparked a high school flashback for Kristen Bell. “I was dorky for sure!” the diminutive actress told us of her school days when we saw her at the flick’s L.A. premiere last night. “I was nervous that someone would make me their punching bag.” Bell may be glad her teenage years are behind her, but if her loyal fans have their way she may soon be walking the halls of Glee‘s McKinley High. A Facebook campaign called Kristen Bell Should Guest Star on Glee showcases examples of the actress’ vocal talents in a bid to see her score a role on the Emmy winning series. Turns out, Bell already has an interesting connection to Glee‘s Matthew Morrison. “I actually went to college with Matty and we dated very briefly,” she said. “He’s still one of my closest friends.” Though she’s engaged to Dax Shepard, we could definitely see some onscreen sparks flying if Bell was cast as a love interest for Mr. Schu. Tell Us: Who should be the next celebrity guest star on Glee?
On the September 22nd episode of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, Brooke Shields divulged that she can still fit into the Calvin Klein jeans she wore in the iconic commercial 30 years ago at the age of 15. The actress and former model’s mom, Teri, had kept the jeans since the ’80s and when Shields finally got them back, the 45-year-old mom of two admitted, “They didn’t look pretty, but they fit.” In the ad, Shields suggestively said, “You want to know what comes between me and my Calvins? Nothing.” She told DeGeneres, “That was one of the first times they had sort of smart and provocative television commercials.” Watch the full interview after the jump.
1. Lady Gaga’s dress from the VMAs will be turned into jerky and preserved for posterity. [People.com]
2. Manolo Blahnik reveals what makes him tick. [HarpersBazaar.com]
3. Kim Kardashian talks beauty without botox on her personal blog. [Celebuzz.com]
4. Famed photog Steven Klein visits Madonna on the set of her new movie. [Fashionista.com]
5. Sesame Street spoofs True Blood. [HollywoodReporter.com]
6. People goes inside Ashton and Demi’s relationship. [People.com]
Alberta Ferretti‘s leaf print chiffon halter gown was my favorite look from the Milan shows yesterday. Florals are a spring perennial, but Alberta’s leafy prints looked fresh and sophisticated.
YOUR FASHION WEEK FIX DAILY
• Visit instyle.com/fashionweek for the news and photos of the chicest stars, top trends and hottest parties.
• Follow us on Twitter for instant updates from the front row.