One of our favorite shopping sites has gone international! Shopbop Global is a free service that enables customers outside of the U.S. to prepay import fees at checkout, ensuring faster and easier deliveries. With fall fashions like these from Rag & Bone (left) and Loeffler Randall (right) amongst the many designer clothes and accessories available for purchase, we have no doubt that Shopbop will garner worldwide fans fast.
Spotted: Leighton Meester filming Gossip Girl in not one but two ultra-minimal nude dresses. We love the figure-hugging Victoria Beckham sheath (left, previously worn by Posh herself) and the mod Celine minidress (right), but we’re dying to know: Has Blair Waldorf made a style switch? The show returns to the CW on September 13th and, new look or no, you can bet Queen B won’t be blending into the background. Check back here on September 10th for a sneak peek at the outfits from the season premiere!
Rebecca Taylor tells us that her Spring 2011 collection was inspired by the girl who is “the modern juxtaposition between her bohemian roots and her love of what is slick and urban. Distressed, belted trench coats in bright colors are the perfect pairing with Rebecca Taylor’s signature silk printed dresses. Perforated eyelet pieces are styled with sleek scalloped-edge leather jackets to provide a downtown look that still remains elegant. Kelly Green, Highlighter Yellow, and Equestrian Orange are the perfect complement to earthy neutrals, integrating my love of both the country side and the city. Spring 2011 brings us all back to fresh, feel good, American fashion.“
Check back daily until the first day of fashion week (September 9th) for more exclusive sketches.
Forbes has released their annual list of Hollywood’s Best Actors for the Buck, and Jennifer Aniston, Anne Hathaway and Cate Blanchett all landed in the top 10. The list was calculated based on actors’ earnings, their movies’ estimated budget and box-office, DVD and television earnings. Hathaway, who was the top woman and the overall number two spot, earns studios $64 for every $1 she makes, due in part to the success of Alice in Wonderland this year. Blanchett came in fifth, and Aniston followed right behind her in sixth, tied with Meryl Streep. For the complete list, check out Forbes.com.
1. Lady Gaga’s stylist, Nicola Formichetti, handpicked 15 of his favorite Gaga looks. [Styleite.com]
2. The Oval Office got a makeover–and it’s looking pretty chic! [HuffingtonPost.com]
3. Watch Angelina Jolie’s PSA for Pakistani flood relief. [JustJared.com]
4. Demi Moore posted a few (gorgeous) shots of herself in a bikini, and this adorable one of her and Ashton Kutcher. [TwitPic.com]
5. Fans have raised over $30,000 to help restore the iconic Gone With the Wind costumes. [Comcast.com]
6. Rent The Runway has just added new styles from Calvin Klein and Nina Ricci. [RentTheRunway.com]
The following is a guest post from one of our favorite blogs, Fabsugar.
Have you noticed how fabulous LOFT has been as of late? They’ve majorly stepped up their fashion game, so much so that I even got my favorite pair of baggy boyfriend denim shorts from there recently. To add more fashion to that fire, they’ve hired famous faces Chanel Iman and Behati Prinsloo to model their latest Fall collection. Click through our gallery to see the ladies in LOFT’s coolest styles.
MORE ON FABSUGAR:
Month after month, InStyle‘s fashion editors put together insanely cute outfits for our popular magazine feature, Instant Style, and now it’s coming to life! Try your hand at being a fashion stylist with the simple click of a mouse when you play our super fun new fashion game, Instant Stylist!
HOW IT WORKS
1) Complete the look by picking the perfect finishing touch for each outfit.
2) Make your picks carefully! Earning potential decreases when you choose a not-so-perfect piece.
3) Pick correctly and you’ll find out why it works—and better yet, where to buy the look—before moving on to the next round.
4) Share your styling wins on Facebook and see how you stack up against other players.
5) Play again… and again… and again! The top stylist wins the coveted Golden Stiletto.
Are you ready for the fashion challenge? Play Instant Stylist now!