It turns out we’re not the only ones who are fans of Matt Schwartz’s Polaroid photography—Catherine Zeta-Jones is too! She purchased several pieces to decorate the walls of her Broadway dressing room where she is starring in the classic Stephen Sondheim show, A Little Night Music. Schwartz’s gorgeously faded images evoke lazy summer days, with a grainy, romantic effect that comes from his method of transferring Polaroids to watercolor paper. Retro subjects like pin-up girls, old records, and gumball machines make the photos feel whimsical and super nostalgic. More
1. Eva Longoria Parker and hubby Tony Parker spoof Grease. [TP9.net]
2. If we could only buy these Lady Gaga-inspired Barbies. [CocoPerez.com]
3. Are Katy Perry and Russell Brand engaged? [GabbyBabble.com]
4. Carrie Underwood flashes her flawless yellow diamond engagement ring. [PeopleStyleWatch.com]
5. British designer Vivienne Westwood debuts her eclectic wallpaper collection. [WWD.com]
6. Go behind the scenes of Jude Law’s latest Dior Homme commercial. [YouTube.com]
1. Tom Ford compares filmmaking with fashion design. [Yahoo.com]
2. Take a trip through Beyonce’s style metamorphosis. [FabSugar.com]
3. First look at the official Sex and the City 2 poster! [Eonline.com]
4. Miley Cyrus is putting her spin on Poison’s ’80s ballad, “Every Rose Has Its Thorn.” [People.com]
5. Did the recession cause this year’s gold makeup craze? [HuffingtonPost.com]
6. Grace Kelly’s timeless style will soon be celebrated in a museum exhibit. [CocoPerez.com]
Known for her bright blond locks, Ali Larter recently went red for a movie role—and then back to blond a few weeks later! “It was fun to be creative with the color. She has great hair!” Larter’s stylist, Redken’s Tracey Cunningham, told us. If you’re thinking of making Larter’s dramatic hair transformation, be prepared to spend long hours in the salon. “It’s a timely process of building the color into her blond streaks,” said Cunningham. “We are still taking her back to blond; this doesn’t happen in one appointment.”
Barbara Walters’s most fascinating person of 2009 is- Michelle Obama! In last night’s interview, the First Lady, wearing a sleeveless floral Rachel Roy dress, addressed her much talked about arms: “If there’s anything that I can attribute these arms to, it’s probably just determination,” she told Walters. She also revealed her guilty pleasure: Lounging on the couch watching food and design shows with the family’s dog Beau! Also on Walters’s fascinating list were Adam Lambert, Kate Gosselin and Lady Gaga, who surprised Walters with her chic Chanel suit and demure demeanor. If you didn’t catch the First Lady’s interview with Walters, tune into Oprah Winfrey’s special, Christmas at the White House, this Sunday at 10pm EST on ABC.
This just in: Our favorite curly-haired country singer Taylor Swift just got bangs! She debuted her sleek new hairdo last night in N.Y.C. Swift is always gorgeous in our book, but what do you think of her new stick-straight locks and shaggy bangs?