Who better to ready the White House ready for the holidays than the fun-loving, eccentric Creative Director of Barneys New York, Simon Doonan? The New York Times reports that Doonan has been tapped as the official decorator for the season. Past Barneys’ window themes have included hippies and Warhol and this year Doonan paid homage to Saturday Night Live, so no doubt Doonan will put his irreverent twist on holiday decor in DC. More
Twitter and nail polish—if our numbers are any indication, these are a few of your favorite things. So for the month of December, we’re bringing them together with a huge giveaway of over 1200 bottles of the hottest shades from the best brands. Each weekday of the month, checkout our Twitter page (“twitter.com/instyle”) at 1:00pm EST for a special message. Be one of the first to re-tweet it and you’ll win!
1. Ivanka Trump may already be married, wants others to get hitched too! She is offering a New York Proposal package, complete with a Trump hotel reservation, with the purchase of any of her engagement rings. [IvankaTrumpCollection.com]
2. Christian Louboutin loves his namesake song by Jennifer Lopez, even more in fact that she personally called him to confirm exactly how to pronounce his name! [FashionWeekDaily.com]
3. Nick Jonas is stepping out solo with his new band Nick Jonas & The Administration. [People.com]
4. Hot Video: Check out the celeb-packed trailer for the highly-anticipated film Nine. [JustJared.com]
5. Justin Timberlake goes back to his curly years—what do you think of his new hairdo? [PeopleStyleWatch.com]
6. JCPenney is where it’s at! First Charlotte Ronson, then the Olsen’s line and now Mango will be carried at the mega department store. [Fashionista.com]
It’s the second day of our week-long flash sales and we are bringing savings to you on two of your favorite wardrobe staples—dresses and jeans! Shop a few of our favorite stores for edgy party dresses and must-have denim at prices up to 40% off!
Here are the offer codes, valid today only from 12:00-2:00 EST:
• 30 percent off all dresses on Pixiemarket.com (code no longer valid)
• 40 percent off all denim on Chickdowntown.com (code no longer valid)
UPDATE: Sorry friends, this flash sale has ended! Check back for more exclusive, limited-time discounts every day this week, or check out our Gift Guide now for discounts on over 100 gifts!
— Joyann King
To raise awareness about the global HIV/AIDS crisis, Twitter is turning (RED) today. Demi Moore and Ashton Kutcher are among the concerned citizens marking World AIDS Day by changing the color of their tweet text in support of (RED), which raises funds to fight the spread of the disease through the sale of special products from partners like Emporio Armani, Apple and Starbucks. Not on Twitter? Show your support by shopping for items from the (PRODUCT)RED collection. More
Suri Cruise caught our attention when she was spotted in a tiny pair of metallic d’Orsay pumps and now her mom is speaking up. “She, like every little girl—she loves my high heels,” Katie Holmes told Access Hollywood. “They’re actually ballroom dancing shoes for kids. I found them for her and she loves them.”
— Joyann King
Red lipstick is one of the absolute hottest trends this holiday season—but who would ever dare to buy a shade without trying it on? The answer: Le Metier de Beaute�s Kaleidoscope Lip Palette in Red Rapture ($95.00), which comes equipped with four universal hues ranging from deep burgundy to tomato red. She can mix and match her perfect shade with these creamy, antioxidant and emollient rich formulations. More